“Great food and rare customer service”
Review of Liliana's

Liliana's
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Fitchburg
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2016

Our book club just met for brunch at Liliana's. When the organizer contacted the restaurant for a table, she got a response from none other than the owner/chef to make sure that we go a table that worked best for us. Unheard of!

And the food was great. We started with complimentary corn bread coffee cake that was delicious. Beignets were very good (and huge) as well.

I had a breakfast po' boy sandwich that had eggs, bacon and pepper jelly on a nice baguette. It was served with perfect sweet potato chips and a tasty pesto white bean coucous salad. Everyone else's dishes looked great too.

Server was friendly, prompt and efficient. She took careful note of the extensive food allergies of one member of our party and her baby, and came back with a suggestion from the kitchen on what would be best to order. She even offered to get it started first to keep the little one happy. Sadly, that level of service has become increasingly rare, and it was very much appreciated.

Live music in the bar was at a comfortable level an added nicely to the ambience. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 25 February 2016

We went with another couple and had a Tuesday Three Course Three Course Dinner that my wife purchased at an event at the Lussier Family Heritage Center fall event. Liliana's clearly supports the community. They accommodated us by allowing us to use our voucher on Wednesday. Our server was great and gave us good wine recommendations. Our meal included an appetizer of steak bruschetta with Sriracha dressing and a bed of small greens. Dinner included Hanger Steak on a bed of Cheddar Grits. Food was flavorful and well presented. It included desert.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We enjoyed a 3-course fixed price menu on Tuesday along with live music. Serving sizes were just right -- scallop appetizer with a light zesty Hollandaise, grilled salmon was done to perfection and the asparagus had a nice crunch. Key lime dessert was touched off with fresh strawberry, which added a refreshing bite to the cream and pastry. Friendly service; kitchen staff adeptly handled large group.

Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

Not a bad place at all. Good drinks, good beer selection. Grits were excellent! Etouffee was OK at best, as was the mufaletta. Nothing wrong with them per se, but just not the same as getting it in the south. The seafood is not as fresh, the technique not quite up to par. Chicken Diablo was good. Overall, good ambience, friendly staff, and decent food, just nothing that was over the top "wow". What I do like is that they are kid friendly, with a nice kids menu that has smaller portions of many of their regular stuff (not the typical hot dog and grilled cheese). My daughter got shrimp and grits, otherwise we wouldn't have tried them... and they were our favorite thing on the menu!

1  Thank Dumpyryan
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

The people were very nice. We got the mussles as the appetizer. I am a major mussel connoisseur, but I was disappointed with these. They were very small, some were gritty, but the broth was really good. My boyfriend's truffle lobster mac and cheese was very watery, didn't have much flavor or truffle flavor, and we could tell the lobster had been frozen. My scallop saffron risotto was well cooked and tasted fresh, but I couldn't taste the saffron; the scallops were good but weren't seasoned. For the price of everything, I was disappointed.

Been to Liliana's? Share your experiences!