“Clean Friendly and Fun”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Probably the happiest employees I've seen in years. Laughing with customers at the time counter, dancing, yes dancing, in the kitchen, and one of the better signs regarding children. Made me laugh. Have a small bakery and food menu but while knitting and chatting.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I ordered a sugar free mocha here and it was very good. I did not order any food but I looked at the menu while I was waiting for my coffee and the choices sounded good so I would like to return and try a meal here. Service was also pleasant.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Recommended by a local and it was perfect. Very informal place for lunch, order at counter and order brought to your table, nice, small menu for lunch. We both had BLTs which were outstanding . Not air conditioned, was a bit warm with windows open. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

When I wakked up to the counter to order a BLT, I requested yellow mustard instead of mayonase. The cashier lookrd puzzled and consulted the kitchen. Her response to me was "we don;t have yellow mustard"! Then I ordered a large ice tea and received a large cup filled with ice to the top with some green tea drizzled on top. When I went up to the counter and asked if I could have a refill (because my BLT was dry - no yellow mistard) I was told that "there would be a 50% UPCHARGE" with a smile from the cashier!! I smiled back and said no thank you.

Every other place in Door County that has served us ice tea brings a refill as soon as my glass is empty without me having to walk back up to the counter to request it. Evidently the Blue Horse management team is so busy working 361 days per year that they don't realize that their competition Does NOT skimp on ice tea when a customer orders it on a hott day in July,

Needless to say, it will be a long time before I return to "The Blue Horse beach cafe". If my wife requests that we return, I will bring my own yellow mustard, order tea with Light ICE, leave NO TIP, and remove both of our dishes from the table before we depart!

The BLUE HORSE management team doesn't discuss customer service when they train new employees. Because they work 361 days per year, they don't have time to go to the Bayside Tavern, Julie's Park Cafe or dozens of other places that take your order at your table and refill your ice tea with a smile before you can request it.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

great coffee drinks- directly across from a small public beach/park, so the view of the water is excellent. small menu offering a variety of simple but very good food items. great inside conversation sitting areas.