“Creative menu with excellent food”
Review of Skaliwags

Skaliwags
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is based on two takeout dinners. Both excellent. Their menu changes every day, so you call them and they text you a photo of the day’s menu. Then you text in your order. Works great. We had a pesto/Parmesan crusted salmon that was totally delicious, as were the garlic mashed potatoes and summer squash (nicely seasoned) that came with it. Another night we started with a she-crab bisque that was really rich, but aren’t bisques supposed to be rich? Also had crab cakes as a main course that were very fresh tasting. Also the asparagus side was super. Al dente and nicely seasoned. Just really great food all around.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family was in town for a wedding and decided to try Skaliwags on a recommendation from a friend in the area. We were greeted by Chef Chris who was friendly, welcoming, and excited to have us in the restaurant. The staff was efficient and the food was beyond excellent. I had the lobster ravioli which was prepared with tons of lobster inside the ravioli, as well as in the light, creamy sauce. My husband had the ribeye which was cooked to perfection. My mother-in-law said the scallops were the best she has ever had! Don't be concerned about the menu on a chalk board-it just doesn't do justice to the gourmet flavor and preparation. We will be going back next year when we visit again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Odd dining experience. When my husband inquired about their ribeye, the person behind the counter pointed at his apron (we still aren’t sure what it said). We asked to be seated a few tables away from the only other diners on the patio—and his response wasn’t “sure, no problem” but instead “just so you know this whole area will be filling up.” Food was good, but pricey. I asked if ordering dessert meant I needed to go back in line—and was told no. But when I went to pay the person who bought my cake I was told I needed to go back up front and tell them what I had and pay for it. Also noticed a man who appeared to be the owner/chef visiting tables and greeting diners although he never stopped by ours, even though my husband did order the $47 steak.

Reviewed 14 September 2021 via mobile

Came for dinner and knew there was no menu published online but were surprised upon entering that it was on a chalkboard along with a list of generic labeled wines. After taking your order and paying (including auto gratuity) we were promptly seated. The food delivered and Chef Chris and staff were all wonderful. I may return but some in my group definitely would not.

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

Two things make a restaurant experience wonderful: delicious food and a friendly environment. Skaliwags in Fish Creek nailed both!
First, the food was really wonderful. My wife had the Pudgy Burger, which was incredible. It had peanut butter and jelly, and the best bacon I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a lot of amazing bacon. The combination of these flavors were sublime. I had the Lobster Roll, which was a real treat and reminded me of a former life living in Maine.
So Skaliwags delivered on the food. But as importantly, the people were really delightful! Marshall, at the entry counter on this night, went way above and beyond to help us choose food and then checked in on us a few times with cheerful conversation. The owner also stopped by a few times and was as friendly and unhurried as one could possibly be when he was actually quite busy.
If you’re in Fish Creek, do yourself a favor. Go to Skaliwags. It will be a restaurant experience that you talk about even after you’re back home.
P.S. You can also sit outside on the deck and enjoy the beautiful Lake Michigan harbor view.