“Pleasant surprise ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner with my family. First time having dinner in Ephraim and it did not disappoint. There were six people in our party and each meal came out looking better than the one before. My Door County Duck was out of this world! My wife had the short ribs and her meal was equally spectacular. I had a cherry mule to drink, they made their mule with sake, it was a very unique taste, different from a traditional mule but still excellent. Our server was very personable and made the experience very pleasant. We will certainly return!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We had not been here for 5 years and was hoping it was as good as we remembered. It was!

We started off with cherry mimosa that was very tasty,My sister and I shared a scramble, with a scone, fruit and the best homemade bread.

love this place

Very friendly guy seated us that was here 5 years ago that just fills in when they need him, He has other jobs but has a vibrate personality.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We travel to Door County a couple of times a year, and while we have our regular "go to" places, we always make it a point to try a new place for dinner each trip. This time we chose Chef's Hat, which turned out to be an excellent choice. The menu has a nice variety of items; fish, beef, and chicken dishes as well as some pasta dishes. I had the salmon which was melt in your mouth delicious and my husband had the beef brisket which he thoroughly enjoyed. We rarely have dessert but we each ordered a piece of pie. I had the seasonal caramel apple pie which was wonderful. In addition to inside seating, there is a nice patio with a beautiful water view which unfortunately we could not take advantage of due to the weather. Excellent meal and great service made our final evening in Door County a very relaxing and enjoyable time.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

One of our favorites in Door County. Well-prepared meals with prompt service. We love sitting outside with a view of the bay. Indoors is comfy with interesting, but relaxed decor. Good place for couples or family.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The parking spaces by the restaurant were filled so we parked across the street. It was a little difficult to find the front door. My daughter and I were seated promptly at a table and even though we didn't have a window seat we could view Lake Michigan across the street. Our waitress was friendly, menu had good choices and we got our food quickly. We decided on the 1/2 PEAR GORGONZOLA TURKEY WRAP: smoked turkey, mixed greens, pears, cranberries, walnuts, tomato and gorgonzola cheese topped with our homemade raspberry vinaigrette in a honey wheat tortilla and pumpkin pear soup. The 1/2 deli sandwich or wrap with cup of homemade soup, kettle chips and slice of fresh baked pie -10.99- available 11:15am - 4:30pm. The cafe was busy but everything moved smoothly from being seated to the caramel apple pie for dessert. We would definitely stop again.