“Best chinese food in the midwest”
Review of Moy's Restaurant

Moy's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Elkhorn
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: on the square in Elkhorn Wisconsin. It was redone after a fire several years ago, excellent Chinese food
Reviewed 8 February 2015

I was surprised to find one of our favorite oriental restaurants rated
#2 in the elkhorn area. We have been going to Moy's for years, and we
were never disappointed. His sauces are made specifically for the dish unlike
a lot of oriental restaurants where they have a white sauce for all chicken dishes
and a brown sauce for all beef dishes. Each dish that you order has its own flavor.
Our son and granddaughter love his Mongolian Beef; we love the Hunan shrimp or
chicken. His appetizer tray is wonderful. Another one of our favorites is his pot stickers
which we just had Friday along with his Hunan while visiting Lake Geneva recently. If
in the area, do not miss this restaurant; you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank lakey87

Reviewed 31 December 2014

Every time I am in Elkhorn or southern Wisconsin, I drop in to Moy's. He KNOWS how to cook Chinese which even these days of fast food Chinese, still excels all others. Now, Moy's is not fast food but does have option of carry-out. Since I live 200 miles north, I should start ordering when I leave and have all ready on my return trip!

I wish I could have Mr. Moy come to Stevens Point, Wisconsin and teach the other Chinese how to cook better, what ingredients, temperature and serving instructions.

If Mr. Moy could walk on water, I would recommend him!

1  Thank Abdul F
Reviewed 18 December 2014

Moy's is a very good but not inexpensive Chinese restaurant located right on the square in Elkhorn. All the food is consistently well prepared but the dark and dated atmosphere seem inconsistent with the big city pricing in a small Wisconsin town. Still, unequivocally the best Chinese food in the area.

1  Thank Fastsailor
Reviewed 8 December 2014

We enjoyed a nice evening at Moys.friendly waitstaff great food and that view of downtown Elkhorn.

We had scallop and beef kow, egg rolls and soup. The egg rolls were excellent.

We will definitely return

2  Thank Donora383
Reviewed 7 December 2014

I went to Moy's for supper with my wife and a friend this evening. It was great, as it usually is. I had kung pao chicken, which had a slight spiciness to it (I oftentimes find that Chinese food isn't spicy to me, even when it it supposed to be). I was realizing as I ate how few sit-down Chinese restaurants there are in the area. Especially since their re-model after a fire a few years back, the restaurant looks really nice. Also, be prepared to get a lot of food. You could very easily split a meal between two people.

1  Thank MapMakinMan

Been to Moy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!