“Consistently amazing”

Price range: US$6 - US$12
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. I stop here for amazing sandwiches, soups, breads, pies, quiches and cookies. The owners Jenny and Mike are passionate about what they do and it shows. Their customer service is exceptional. Every customer is greeted as you walk in. Food is fresh baked/made daily and is consistently awesome. I highly recommend stopping by MacReady Artisan Bread Co the next time you are in Door County!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Overall we felt the prices were too high for good but not great good. For $9.50 for a sandwich, you'd expect maybe some greens or fruit on the side,but instead you get some lays potato chip crumbs. Another issue was the cleanliness of the restrooms which was lacking. My husband compared it to a busy gas station bathroom -no paper towels and overall gross. Also, the most frustrating was that when the cashier asked if I wanted a drink and I said "just a glad she of water," I was charged for a bottled water. The cashier did not ask if I wanted tap (which they had sitting out with cups) or a bottle and instead just charged us $2.00 for a bottle of water. I consider that to be a sneaky way to up charge. She should have at least clarified with me what I wanted. I have never had that happen before. It left a very hadn't taste in my mouth. Won't be back-lots of better cafes in Door County.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place for a quick bite to eat and found this gem! In addition to making bread and pasties, they also prepare awesome sandwiches. We ordered the Door County Chicken Salad that was fabulous! A delicious blend of chunky chicken breast meat, celery, cranberries and other goodies was piled high between 2 thick slices of fresh bread. The sandwich is enough to share and comes with some chips. A definite repeat place to visit!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We had lunch here recently. We had read reviews for the egg salad, so that's what we tried. I chose the white bread and my husband had the whole grain. I don't have adjectives to describe how truly scrumptious it was. Both the bread and the egg salad were to die for. And then the soup. Absolutely divine. I'd almost drive to Door County from Chicago for lunch here!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I had braunschweiger sandwich and my wife had chicken salad and soup on fresh baked multigrain bread. Portions were large and food tasted great. Very friendly staff. Can also by baked goods to go. Highly recommend to eat there for lunch.