See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Quiet and relaxing, the Inn at Pinewood is a hidden gem in the north woods. We had planned on camping with friends at nearby Franklin Lake in the Nicolet National Forest; however, with all day rain predicted shortly--we chose the inn. We were so happy we did. Our room overlooking Lake Carpenter was comfortable and cozy. It had a sliding door opening out to a common balcony offering views of the lake and woods. Early one morning I saw a mother deer and two fawns strolling from the parking lot into the woods.
Our hosts Kevin and Geri Lee met any needs we had ranging from an extra hairdryer to bottles of water. They created artistic breakfasts with such items as just baked cranberry maple scones enhanced with maple butter, a large fresh fruit platter, and specialty egg dishes.
With rain predicted the second day, Kevin invited our friends from the campground to join us and unwind in the inn’s common areas. Kevin lit a fire as we played table top shuffle board. During the afternoon we chatted and drank wine with our friends, and Geri thoughtfully surprised us with a warm plate of chocolate chip muffins. Touched by Kevin and Geri’s hospitality, we definitely plan to return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Wonderful stay at this well equipped and large wood cabin in the north woods of Wisconsin. Kevin and Geri Lee welcomed us warmly showing us the place and made us feel at home. The decor is great and the view of the lake is perfect with a great sunset to close our day and then a pre-made camp fire ready to light. Our room was comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic. Small boat dock for boating, swimming, fishing make this a place you could visit for several days. We will definitely come again. Very close to Honeyrock camp.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First time here. Set back off the road in a forested area up against a lake, this inn was quite a find. The inn keepers were very welcoming as were their Labradors (which made my husband's day). Their recommendations for local restaurants in the area was appreciated. The room was very comfortable. It was very relaxing and comfy. Will return for another stay if planning on being in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a quick NorthWoods getaway, and we couldn't be more pleased! Awesome rustic cabin takes you back in time to the way a vacation should be - relaxing and letting go of the stresses of home. The hosts were extremely helpful, recommended area restaurants and attractions, and took great care of us. Breakfast = Amazing! We are already planning our next trip. Thanks again for the experience!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Gehrks
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have been to the Inn several times over the past few years and I really can't think of any other place I would stay.
All of the rooms at the Inn have private bathrooms and comfortable beds with private balconies. Rooms are very large and furnished with antiques and rustic furniture. The property has many antiques, cute little sitting areas throughout, both inside and outside and a large outdoor balcony on the lake side. There is a large TV room with TV and movies for viewing. The two suites are located at one end of the Inn and do overlook the parking lot, second floor rooms, but have the greatest views of the moon from the balcony. The other rooms are all located at the opposite end of the building upstairs and either overlook the lake or the woods adjacent to the property. While I am not a real breakfast person I wouldn't miss a breakfast here. I have had on different occasions while staying eggs, stuffed french toast, asparagus quiche, mexican frittata and eggs and always fresh muffins, fruit, sausages, cereals, fresh juice, lemon water, toast and condiments and of course coffee at 7:30 sharp every morning. The lake is small and not very crowded, the swimming area is perfectly clear with a nice sand bottom.
Bob and Tess are the innkeepers/managers who go out of their way to make sure that your stay is perfect. I have had the pleasure of spending time with both of them and feel like the Inn is my home away from home. I have always felt most welcome when I come. I was thrilled to find a place that I can stay for a one night, two nights or a week. Most places in the area are week to week rentals and when I visit it can be last minute or for a short weekend. Bob has always been most accommodating when I have booked a room.
There is not another place like this in the area, it is a hidden gem. If you like rustic, quaint, comfy and friendly this place is for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo