See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First time here. Set back off the road in a forested area up against a lake, this inn was quite a find. The inn keepers were very welcoming as were their Labradors (which made my husband's day). Their recommendations for local restaurants in the area was appreciated. The room was very comfortable. It was very relaxing and comfy. Will return for another stay if planning on being in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a quick NorthWoods getaway, and we couldn't be more pleased! Awesome rustic cabin takes you back in time to the way a vacation should be - relaxing and letting go of the stresses of home. The hosts were extremely helpful, recommended area restaurants and attractions, and took great care of us. Breakfast = Amazing! We are already planning our next trip. Thanks again for the experience!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Gehrks
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have been to the Inn several times over the past few years and I really can't think of any other place I would stay.
All of the rooms at the Inn have private bathrooms and comfortable beds with private balconies. Rooms are very large and furnished with antiques and rustic furniture. The property has many antiques, cute little sitting areas throughout, both inside and outside and a large outdoor balcony on the lake side. There is a large TV room with TV and movies for viewing. The two suites are located at one end of the Inn and do overlook the parking lot, second floor rooms, but have the greatest views of the moon from the balcony. The other rooms are all located at the opposite end of the building upstairs and either overlook the lake or the woods adjacent to the property. While I am not a real breakfast person I wouldn't miss a breakfast here. I have had on different occasions while staying eggs, stuffed french toast, asparagus quiche, mexican frittata and eggs and always fresh muffins, fruit, sausages, cereals, fresh juice, lemon water, toast and condiments and of course coffee at 7:30 sharp every morning. The lake is small and not very crowded, the swimming area is perfectly clear with a nice sand bottom.
Bob and Tess are the innkeepers/managers who go out of their way to make sure that your stay is perfect. I have had the pleasure of spending time with both of them and feel like the Inn is my home away from home. I have always felt most welcome when I come. I was thrilled to find a place that I can stay for a one night, two nights or a week. Most places in the area are week to week rentals and when I visit it can be last minute or for a short weekend. Bob has always been most accommodating when I have booked a room.
There is not another place like this in the area, it is a hidden gem. If you like rustic, quaint, comfy and friendly this place is for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gail C
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We just spent two days at Inn at Pinewood. Although it felt like a trip back in time, with lovely antiques and decor, the cleanliness and maintenance of the establishment left a LOT to be desired. The balcony outside of our room was literally falling apart, not fully attached to the building. There was woodpecker damage in many locations. We had to clear spider webs off lf the balcony and hoped we stayed attached to the building. We had a lovely view of the parking lot from our room. Luckily a storm came through and the temperature dropped - as there was no AC and the room was very hot upon arrival. The manager did provide a floor fan and bottled water at our request, when the power went out. We were astounded by the lack of privacy. Conversations in the kitchen below our room could be heard word for word, as if the participants were in bed with us. We imagine that our conversations could also be heard distinctly. Breakfasts were adequate but nothing like we've experienced in other WI B&B's.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb M
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The hosts were accommodating and pleasant. The breakfasts were excellent. The room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. The reason I'm not giving the stay a higher rating is that I felt a bit mislead from the description on the website. I choose the honeymoon suite because the website description said the room had a private deck overlooking the lake. The price was 50% more than the standard room, but since this was our 30th wedding anniversary trip, I felt it was worth it. It turns out that the 'private' deck was really a common area deck, shared by all guests, which hangs off the game room. Our room did have a door that lead to the deck, but the door was blocked by furniture. I feel that the room description on the website was pretty much a lie.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple