Best Western Plus Derby Inn(Eagle River)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$136
Traveler's Inn(Eagle River)
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$86
Hiawatha Lodge & Resort(Eagle River)(Great Value!)
US$131
Oneida Village Inn(Three Lakes)
US$99
US$95
  • Restaurant
Northernaire Resort(Three Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$186
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We just spent two days at Inn at Pinewood. Although it felt like a trip back in time, with lovely antiques and decor, the cleanliness and maintenance of the establishment left a LOT to be desired. The balcony outside of our room was literally falling apart, not fully attached to the building. There was woodpecker damage in many locations. We had to clear spider webs off lf the balcony and hoped we stayed attached to the building. We had a lovely view of the parking lot from our room. Luckily a storm came through and the temperature dropped - as there was no AC and the room was very hot upon arrival. The manager did provide a floor fan and bottled water at our request, when the power went out. We were astounded by the lack of privacy. Conversations in the kitchen below our room could be heard word for word, as if the participants were in bed with us. We imagine that our conversations could also be heard distinctly. Breakfasts were adequate but nothing like we've experienced in other WI B&B's.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb M
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The hosts were accommodating and pleasant. The breakfasts were excellent. The room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. The reason I'm not giving the stay a higher rating is that I felt a bit mislead from the description on the website. I choose the honeymoon suite because the website description said the room had a private deck overlooking the lake. The price was 50% more than the standard room, but since this was our 30th wedding anniversary trip, I felt it was worth it. It turns out that the 'private' deck was really a common area deck, shared by all guests, which hangs off the game room. Our room did have a door that lead to the deck, but the door was blocked by furniture. I feel that the room description on the website was pretty much a lie.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is an historic cabin (was a boys camp may years ago) nestled in the northwoods with a private lake for fishing, swimming and boating. The breakfasts included scrumptious quiches, muffins, fresh fruit, etc. The manager/hosts just took over this summer, but they have lots of experience in making the guests feel welcome and comfortable. Our room overlooked the lake and we could pleasantly hear the loons each evening. The interior is furnished with many antiques and other quaint northwoods furnishings. It is a beautiful place to spend a few days.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My husband and I visited friends who live in Eagle River but could not stay with them due to a cat allergy. The atmosphere was vintage Northwoods--a cozy fireplace, big picture windows overlooking the lake, pinewood paneling, wood plank floors, and interesting antiques. The owners were taking over that weekend for the managers. They went out of their way to help us and make us feel comfortable. My husband enjoyed one morning of fishing the lake. Breakfast was tasty. We both loved the area and would stay at the Pinewood Inn again. Typically, my husband does not like B & B's. But he said, "This place has changed my mind."

Room Tip: We enjoyed a corner room with a view of the lake on the 2nd floor. No elevators though, so be prepared to drag your luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at the Inn at Pinewood. We drove up to see the fall folliage and were not disappointed. It was amazing. The road leading to the Inn was glowing with yellows and oranges, and reds. Fabulous!! We also took a boat out on the lake to see some of the fall colors up close. It was very quiet & peaceful. That evening, we lit a fire in the large fireplace and enjoyed the crackling sounds and dim light. Very romantic. The Inn keepers made us feel very welcome and comfortable. They were also very interested in my husband, who graduated high school here in 1985 before it became a B&B. They made him feel like a celebrity. This particular weekend was also the Cranberry Fest in Eagle River. We got to meet a lot of the other folks staying at the Inn who only made our experience even more special. I wish we had more time to spend, but I'm sure we will be back in the future.

Chris & Phil Gramley