See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2015

One-ply toilet paper! That’s what we found on the roll and it ought to tell you something about this place. As others have noted, it hearkens back to a time 50 or 60 years ago and this small rural motel may well be that old. It was adequate for a night, but wouldn’t want to stay much longer. The rooms were small and you park right outside your door. They’ve tried to update them somewhat with newer carpet and by adding amenities like a fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. Our stay was quiet, and it was a good location for staging our visit the next day to House on the Rock. Would do this again, but only after checking out all the other options.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dmarkwind
Reviewed 2 August 2015

The room was perfectly clean. The check in was easy. They gave us great advice for a good bar and restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We highly recommend staying here. I was pleasantly surprised that our room even had a microwave.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn K
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Clean & Quiet, It is what it is 50's & 60's retro style Motel. We've got no real complaints here. You can save a few dollars staying here. It was like I said in the title of this review. It's not new but it's not a dump either. The room we had was on the small side with one queen bed. The bedding looked fairly new. Don't expect a lot of amenities here. Bring your own shampoo, hair dryer, and alarm clock. The mini fridge and microwave was nice to have. The in room coffee was very nice. We stayed two nights over the 4th of July and visited the House on the Rock along with some other places in the area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

I came last minute and stayed for two days. Clean, comfortable room and staff that was friendly and wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. I will stay here again...it is 16 miles from Spring Green. And the least expensive hotel in the region! Scott

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Springgreentravelor
Reviewed 25 March 2015

I had a gem of a room with antique pine ceilings, americana bedspread and a kind of tartan carpeting. It was like stepping back in time to a 1950's lodge room. I realize all rooms are not the same but #11 is great if you want to ask for it. Not huge but very comfortable and absolutely spotless. Ask for a small table to be put in there for working on your laptop. Microwave and large fridge were also in the room along with a large flat screen TV. Management was very helpful and friendly. They helped get my car out from under a great deal of snow that had fallen the night before.

Room Tip: Room 11 is not huge but has a wonderful Americana Lodge feel to it. Lovely ambiance.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo