“Authentic Mexican Food”

Grand River Oasis
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Dalton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 July 2016

This is a no-frills country bar that hasn't changed in the nearly two decades that we've been coming here. The food is the reason that we keep returning. They have a menu with both American and Mexican options, the latter of which was brought to this establishment by the owner. This is Mexican food, not Tex-Mex. We've eaten a lot of authentic Mexican food while living in another state, and the rice, beans, and entrees definitely taste homemade here--well worth the drive and the wait. Portions are reasonable in size and the prices are very good. The margaritas aren't bad, either!

The bartender/server is rather unemotional, but we we've been able to get her to crack a smile on occasion. Some seating is rather close to the restroom and the sink, so it's best to sit at the other end of the dining area.

If you're in the area and looking for a good Mexican meal--and you don't mind eating at a run-down country bar--this is definitely worth trying.

1  Thank PackerFanatic

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Out of the way place with good food and friendly service. Good Mexican and American bar food. Breakfast,too.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

...and I do mean "rough". As has been mentioned by other reviewers, if you're looking for fine dining, or a place for a romantic getaway, this is probably not the place for you. But if you like hole-in-wall type places like me, and you enjoy solidly good Mexican food, I think you'll love the Grand River Oasis. I've eaten here probably 20 times, and think we've only had a so-so meal one time. My go-to dish is the chiles rellenos, which is absolutely wonderful. My wife typically has one of the enchildas, and loves them.

I'm not a big drinker, but have their margaritas on occasion. I can't finish one, as the drinks are pretty strong, but as I said, I'm not a big drinker :-) A Corona is usually enough for me with one of these fine Mexican meals.

1  Thank RobInWisconsin
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Go there for the food and the drinks.They have thirst quenching huge pitchers of margaritas. An Awesome authentic variety of mexican food favorites.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I have been to a lot of Mexican restaurants, but this place has the best food I have seen. If you are looking for atmosphere or a relaxing type of place this is not for you! But if you want good Mexican food this is the place!