“Food Fight!”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stopped on a Sunday night at 7 pm. The dining room was surprisingly busy with a few large tables. The room was loud with conversation and overhead music. The waitress, Kris, was gruff, bordering on rude. She went on more about the bar than about the food explaining what vodkas they had and didn't have and what the difference was between a margarita and a daiquiri even though my daughter was ordering a nonalcoholic beverage. When my husband asked for her recommendation between two items, she was curt and said "it depends what you're in the mood for." From the moment we arrived, the noise from the kitchen was distracting with pots and pans and loud voices yelling back and forth. It progressively got worse and when our entrees arrived, I joked with the waitress that there must be someone unhappy in the kitchen and she said, "yes, the cooks aren't happy that a table came in at 8pm when they had everything put away." That late table got their entrees at the same time we did. Besides all the noise, we did enjoy our food, but on this visit that was all they had going for them. Walleyed pike was excellent, as were the two pasta entrees.

1  Thank DAJensen

Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you like paying 80.00 dollars for a meal and walking out hugry and dissatisfide !! Try there so called prime rib, it was dryed out and tastless . The salid was smaller then the salid you get at Mcdonalds ,the salid dressing was served with samll plastic shot glass of dressing ,the glasses were so dirty i made them take the drinks back and get cleaned before drinking out of them .We were billed for large portions of food and had to ask for are money back. Sorry but I will never again go back . Chuck and Sharon / Saukville

2  Thank charlie h
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We thought we would treat ourselves for a Friday fish fry at Galioto's in Cedarburg for a change of pace. This place is very nice. We arrived at the 5pm openning time and were seated right next to the fireplace. This place isn't very big, but is decorated nicely and seemed very clean. We were met by our server within just a minute or two, who took our cocktail order. Our drinks arrived in just a couple of minutes and we both ordered fish fries from the Friday night special menu. They were prepared perfectly and very tasty. The service, I thought, was exceptional. I thought the prices also were fair for an upscale establishment such as this. We'll be back.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food is good--I always find something I like. The wine is good, too. But the reason locals love this place is that the owners are so accommodating--they bend over backward to make your experience a good one. Sometimes I like to have little plates at the bar; sometimes I like the whole dinner deal. I'm always happy I came. Several times I've walked in, completely wiped out from a hard day. I don't really want to talk to anyone; I just want a yummy meal to take home. This is NOT what Gallioto's does--takeout. But each time they have tucked a nice little dinner for me into a package and I eat someone else's cooking in the comfort of my home, watching an episode of Downton Abbey. Ahhhh.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

After hearing about rave reviews from locals, my wife and I were not overwhelmed. I would say the food was above average, but nothing worth bragging about. Galioto's is located just outside of town in an area that is very affluent, but the wine list was about the only thing worth bragging about. Teh food was expensive for what you got, and the food did not meet the expectations of the reviews. My wife had the Seafood Pesto Ravioli, and I had the Bacon wrapped scallops. The seafood Pesto had too much sauce so you lost the other flavors, and the bacon wrapped scallops did not meet my expectations. All you could taste was bacon. In addition, the rice was under cooked. The waitress brought out more, which was cooked thoroughly, but by then, all I could taste was bacon. I will tell you the service was good, and the room was cozy and inviting, but it was very loud in the room and you overheard the loud conversations from the bar patrons. The last area, we had the Tapenade Trio, which I thought was out of this world. Our recommendation for this restaturant would be to go enjoy a good glass of wine, and one of there excellent appetizers.