“Good but did not live up to the hype”
Review of Galioto's Twelve21

Galioto's Twelve21
Ranked #26 of 57 Restaurants in Cedarburg
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

After hearing about rave reviews from locals, my wife and I were not overwhelmed. I would say the food was above average, but nothing worth bragging about. Galioto's is located just outside of town in an area that is very affluent, but the wine list was about the only thing worth bragging about. Teh food was expensive for what you got, and the food did not meet the expectations of the reviews. My wife had the Seafood Pesto Ravioli, and I had the Bacon wrapped scallops. The seafood Pesto had too much sauce so you lost the other flavors, and the bacon wrapped scallops did not meet my expectations. All you could taste was bacon. In addition, the rice was under cooked. The waitress brought out more, which was cooked thoroughly, but by then, all I could taste was bacon. I will tell you the service was good, and the room was cozy and inviting, but it was very loud in the room and you overheard the loud conversations from the bar patrons. The last area, we had the Tapenade Trio, which I thought was out of this world. Our recommendation for this restaturant would be to go enjoy a good glass of wine, and one of there excellent appetizers.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I ordered the Filet with no mushrooms. I got the Ribeye smoothest with mushrooms!! I told her the order was wrong and she got very cold with us. I got to stare at my husband while he are his prime rib and waited 20 minutes for my steak. Finally I got my food and the filet was poor quality. I didn't get my waitresses name but she was rude and have poor service. This was out anniversary dinner and I was sad it was such a poor experience.
My husbands prime rib was amazing!!
Luckily the bartender Chris made amazing martinis so that was a positive part!! Thanks Chris!! She fabulous!!
Thanks for :(

1  Thank Sarawhat
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The dining room is very noisy. The food is really just ok. I expected it to be fabulous but it really wasnt. I am writing this review much too late, so I dont recall what we ordered unfortunately.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We live about 20 minutes away from this place so we decided to give it a try. The restaurant itself looks nice from the outside but is poorly laid out on the inside. The bathroom in the dining room area was situated in a way that required you to sneak between people who were eating at their table to get into the door. One of us ordered a pasta and shrimp dish and one of us ordered almond crusted walleye. The pasta in the dish was overcooked and completely bland and unsalted. The shrimp was overcooked and chewy. The walleye dish came swimming in grease but was also completely flavorless.
The side salad and potatoes were average. When the server asked how the food was we politely stated that the pasta was mushy and flavorless. The server was not concerned in the least bit and offered no remedy.
If you pride yourself on being an Italian restaurant and you can't make noodles, something is wrong.
There are many good restaurants in the Cedarburg area,skip this one for sure.

2  Thank fishlizard
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Went for a late dinner and both of us decided on the Friday Fish Fry option. I had the broiled cod which was very flavorful and potato pancakes. The pancakes were a little on the greasy side but not bad. My husband had the deep fried cod and baked potato-both of which he said was very good. Our service was great-friendly and attentive wait staff and hostess. Even though we were the last diners in the restaurant and it was getting close to closing time, they didn't try and rush us through our meal. Would definitely go back to try the other items on the menu.