All reviewswine and cheesesocial hourwinery tourgathering roomwhirlpool tubcedar creek wineryfresh fruitbed and breakfastcaramel applebreakfast was deliciouswithin walking distancecocktail hourgift certificatecoffee cakerelaxing getawayheart of downtownstep back in time
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We love going to the Washington House Bed and Breakfast. It's like "coming home" each time we are there. The wine and cheese hour is so good, and even is accompanied by meatballs at time, a real treat! Breakfast is great with all the homemade pastries, hot dish, yogurt, cereal, something for everyone. Thank you for a great time again and again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I can only echo what most other people have said about this inn -- beautiful building with nice amenities, a wonderful "social hour" with local wines, great breakfast, helpful and friendly staff. The only downside was the temperature of our room. We stayed during a warm-ish April weekend, and when we checked in, we were warned that either the AC or the heat goes to the entire building. Since it was April, the heat was still on, and there was no way to cool our room off. And man, they weren't kidding! We were on the 3rd floor, and not only was there no fan or AC, the windows wouldn't open -- it was really unbearably hot and stuffy. The room was great, but we weren't able to spend much time in it because it was so warm. It's understandable, it's an old building and I'm sure it's fine if you're there during the actual winter or high summer, but beware the shoulder seasons!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My boyfriend and I decided last minute to do a weeknd getaway. We live in Kenosha and after a little research I found that Cedarburg would be perfect.
Washington House Inn was perfect!! We arrived at 5 and the "Social Hour" they offfer from 5-6 was fabulous! We were able to sample local wines and enjoy the many cheese spreads they offered. The staff was so friendly,warm and welcoming. It seemed to be the perfect start to the realxing getaway I was hoping for.
I am very picky when it comes to where we stay and we do travel often. I like to have a nice room that I feel comfortable in and the detaiols are very impostant to me. This exceeded my expectation. The sheets were fabulous feeling and the bed was very comfortable. The room was such a nice change from the normal chains we typically stay in as it was filled with character and charm without in any way compromising cleanliness or modern updates. The complimentary breakfast was awesome and had a great variety from bacon and eggs to delicious baked treats:)
We went to the Silver Creek Bewpub and loved it as well as Anvil for dinner and stopped my a few of the local pubs on the main strip. This is for sure a must go to destination!
Thank you so much Washington House Inn for exceding my expectations! I am looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FeliciaPavlica10
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We go to WI a few times per year and always try to stay in Cedarburg at the Washington House Inn. The rooms are beautiful and calming, the included breakfast is fabulous, the happy hour is a great way to unwind, and the staff is uniformly lovely and helpful. We always know we will have a great stay. PLUS -- they are in a delightful town that overflows with charm and great, artistic shops, coffee houses and restaurants. The river does indeed flow through here, and it is definitely worth a stop to relax in a town that could be a set in a movie. Except, it's real!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We just got back from my son's wedding and had all our friends stay at the Washington House Inn. Rooms were quirky and fun, location is great, and breakfast was sensational every day. The town is big enough to hold your interest and if Wisconsin weather cooperates, its a good stroll up and down main street. Breakfast pasteries were all home made.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family