“Will be coming back here soon!”
Review of Rugan's

Rugan's
Ranked #19 of 45 Restaurants in Burlington
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I had read about this place when they first opened, but only recently got here, and LOVED IT! We did small plates, drinks, and dessert. Had to take food home, because we just couldn't eat it all, much as we wanted to! Staff was a little confused at first(we had 2 servers) and management might want to instruct them better as far as folks dining ONLY on small plates. Bring them as they come up, not all at once. Truly that seemed a minor glitch, as the food was fantastic!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Casual dinner and drinks for two on a summer Friday. Loved the decor and atmosphere. Solid food choices, very large drink menu. Recommend and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had 6 of us - 2 adults, 4 kids. 4 VERY picky kids, with one being a vegetarian. Couldn't agree on anything for dinner, so while exploring the area around Lake Geneva, we found this place.

It was very cute, people were very nice, service was pretty attentive (except later in our meal when the place started to get more crowded).

We managed to feed 6 very hungry people and no one complained about the menu options, which is always a win in my book. Salmon was awesome, the kids sliders were perfect for the younger of our kids, but there was a mistake about cheese vs. no-cheese on the burgers. All in all a solid dinner at a somewhat affordable price.

The Beer selection? Since we are IPA snobs, we were ecstatic to find some beers we knew and loved, and that made everything that much more enjoyable. We have 4 kids, mind you.

Thank you again for accommodating Things 1-6; we will definitely be back on our next trip!!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We are fairly local to this place and were excited about having this type of restaurant in the area. But that excitement was quickly deflated after several visits with similar results... overpriced drinks and terrible bartending. Each of the last couple visits, the bartenders were very inattentive and also seemed clueless about some basic things they should know. I mean simple things like a beer chaser with a bloody mary should not result in a bartender needing you to clarify the request. Then charging $8 for a bloody with store bought mix and rail vodka, while also not taking the simple step of at least stirring (or better yet shaking) the drink before serving. We gave it multiple tries and have no plans to return.
Hopefully they can figure this out. But between the Lake Geneva pricing and poor service, I would be surprised if this place survives. There are plenty of options in the area with exceptional service and moderately priced beverages.

1  Thank DRP65
Reviewed 14 April 2018

I had to make a point of making time to wright a review for this place. Good and Bad (extremely bad). The Good: very nice atmosphere, very good duo that came in to entertain (singer extremely good), choices in cocktails. The Bad: The Bartenders!!! so bad I choose to never return. The prices a bit high ($10 cocktail and$5 domestic beers), the hours (last call at 11:30pm with a full place! The food was very pricey and not very tasty. Let's re-visit the Bartender issue. SLOW, even when jus serving you a drink. Takes minutes to get you a beer and up to 10 minutes to pour a drink shaken not stirred but still too long a wait), not attentive at all. They are losing business for this reason. Our group (of 11) spent nearly $700 in three hours and it would have been much more if they were a bit more responsive and timely. The Owners are losing money here. Not professional bartenders. Always asking you for a credit card even while holding a 20 up to wave them down for a drink. Hello! I think the 20 means paying in cash. They had several cards on the counter and had no idea whose they were. Very concerning. For this reason I stayed away from using a card. Those using a card were repeatedly asked for a card again. At last call they were trying to close cards, collected all signed receipts and started clearing all money off bar into their tips including my pile of cash. I said 'Excuse Me' and she says "This isn't for us?". I already tipped at every drink but said go ahead keep it knowing this is the last you get from me. I predict the place has limited time before closing. Unfortunate.

1  Thank superlean3

Been to Rugan's? Share your experiences!