“Authentic Mexican Treat”

Laredo’s Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #68 of 174 Restaurants in Brookfield
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This was a very nice surprise as a restaurant in a strip center. Everything including the wait staff, music, and food made this an authentic Mexican dining experience. There was a surprising amount of dining options. Everything, including the salsa and chips seemed homemade. The only negative was that the main course was warm, not hot.

1  Thank Steve V

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Only a couple of items on menu have a mole sauce but they are very good. I love their rice and they have huge inexpensive house frozen margaritas. Not sure why people wait in line at Blue Sombrero when this place is better, cheaper and not crowded.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Woking nearby I've been here several times. I actually avoided Laredos simply because I didn't think an authentic Mexican restaurant could be had in this area. If you check the top restaurants in Brookfield most are chain restaurants. When I finally decided to go I was pleasantly surprised. The service has always been good and the food excellent. The serving size is big, especially for lunch. You can get the usual, expected stuff like tacos and enchiladas, but also a lot of more interesting chicken and seafood items. I've never been able to try an alcoholic drink (work lunch) so I can't comment on the margaritas.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Our service was very good and so we're or drinks. The food was average and unfortunately I got sick right after. That never happens to me. Visiting from Mpls, no need to visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Went for lunch the other day and was greatly surprised by the food, atmosphere, and prices. It's in a strange location but everything about Laredos makes up for location. I know understand how it's been so successful. The place reminded me of some Mexican restaurants I've been in in Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico. There was plenty of food, and it was excellent, water glass was never empty and the salsa had a bite but not too bad. Chips were home made and the tamales were not all breading. Out door seating available but we sat inside. The atmosphere was festive but you could sit and have a conversation. You really need to try this place you'll enjoy it.