“Nice, but needs updating”

Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Residence Inn is my favorite chain. This one was clean, had a great breakfast, and a lovely setting. My one big complaint...there is no electrical outlet in the dressing area of the bathroom (or at least it was so well hidden that I couldn't find nor could friends staying in another room). I agree with a previous reviewer, I could hear every step taken by the people above me. Definitely request the second floor. The rooms are a bit dated, but it was clean and the staff was efficient.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 June 2016

This hotel is set up exactly like another Residence Inn I reviewed in LA about 2 years ago. It's especially nice for golfers since individual rooms are more like small apartments and multiple units (each unit containing around 8 apartments) are spread throughout the property. It was a beautiful drive back to our "apartment."

On seeing the property, I was worried it would cost an arm and a leg but it was $132 (including tax) for a Friday night.

There is some exterior maintenance that needs to be performed for paint chipping and that sort of thing. In addition, the bed skirt was ill-fitting and needs to be straightened out. Decor is a bit dated but I'm recognizing that golf resorts sort of have the gold and green thing going on.

We stayed on the first floor of our unit and that was a mistake. There seems to be very little sound insulation between the floors. The "tenants" above us started moving (perhaps just got to the room?) at 1:30am. They were not stomping but I can hear every step. This went on and kept me up until well past 2:30am. And it started again this morning around 7. They must not need a lot of sleep but I do and I didn't get it. Second floor is strongly suggested as well as consideration for the guests below.

Room Tip: Second Floor!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

We do apologize for the noise you experienced while staying with us. Please do not hesitate to call the hotel Front Desk if you ever experience a noise issue as we then can immediately address the issue.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn Brookfield for one night. Located on a golf course gives it a resort type feel which adds to the relaxing ambiance of the place. Staff greeted us with a smile and were always eager to help in any way. The rooms were spacious and clean (Penthouse suite) and the morning breakfast had a great selection of good tasting items. The only small negative (and in no way an issue, but worth noting) is that the balcony could use a new coat of paint. Overall though, I would definitely stay at this location again if my travels take me to the Milwaukee area.

1  Thank amac0668
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we have shared them with our team. We are blessed to have a resort-style feel with the Brookfield Hills Golf Course surrounding our property. We hope that your next stay can be longer than one night on your next visit!

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I have always been a fan of Marriott. This place was really nice, the staff was great, breakfast was good. While I enjoyed the stay they really could make this a wonderful place if they did some updating. Even painting the rooms would help. It's obviously dated and things like chairs could use either replacing or a deep cleaning. There were boards laying over some mud on the sidewalk to our car. For me it was ok but for my 85 year old mother could be a tripping hazard.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for being a valued Marriott Reward member - we appreciate the support of our brand! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our amenities offered as well as our associate's customer service. We hope to see you back soon. Soon we will have news regarding major plans for our property which we are excited to share.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

It was like a hotel in a park. The neighboring golf course and pond made it feel like a park. Breakfast was good. Our room was clean and well maintained. We had a ground floor room which made it convenient. Staying on the second floor would be less desirable.