“Huge servings, Great food!”

Log Cabin Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Baraboo
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I are late risers on the weekend so, most places stop serving breakfast at 11am. We were thereabout 1:30 and got right in, had a wonderful breakfast and was in and out in less than an hour. As we left they were starting to get busy and folks were waiting but, it didn't seem to be taking long. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Searched TripAdvisor for a restaurant in Baraboo that serves chicken, and we chose Log Cabin. Great choice! Charming log cabin decor, and we are on a Sunday, when they happen to serve Chicken Pot Pie. YUM!!!! Hadn't had it in many years and shared it with my friend. Delicious crust and accompanying pumpkin bread (or dinner rolls).
Also highly recommend the raspberry lemonade, freshly squeezed. What a treat.
My husband enjoyed the mushroom chicken too: 2 chicken breasts smothered in mushrooms, onions and Swiss cheese.
Will return when we are in the Baraboo area. Wonderful server too.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

The outside appearance was inviting but once we were seated the disappointment began. We ordered a chicken fried steak and a turkey dinner and both were tasteless. The chicken dumpling soup was oversalted. Our waitress was inattentive and unfriendly. An overall poor experience and a waste of money.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Family from various cities around Baraboo decided Log Cabin was most equadistant for all so we met here. There were 10 of us and the staff was very accommodating. We sat at tables put together on the porch. The server Amber was very gracious and attentive. The choices were many on the menu. The food was very good and promptly served. We broke bread together and also had a much needed time catching up.
Prices were reasonable. Portions were very good also.
If in the area we would recommend giving them a try. I'm sure we will be back.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We ate here on a Saturday night. We decided to drive out of the Dells for dinner and saw all the great reviews on this restaurant. We had 4 adults and 2 young kids with us. When we pulled up we saw how many people were waiting outside and inside to eat but we decided to wait. It was a 50-60 minute wait. We decided to stay and wait. It was well worth it! The two men in our party had the steak and enjoyed it but it was a little thin. I had the turkey dinner which was so delicious. I couldn't finish it all so my husband helped me out and he absolutely enjoyed it. My daughter had the meatloaf and mashed potato bowl. She loved it. Dinner rolls were also included which our grandkids love. Their kids meals were so good also, they ate every bit. The prices were very reasonable. We also bought one of their cherry pies and it had to weigh 3 pounds! That was very good also. We were here for a long weekend and live 4 hours away but if we lived closer we would eat here a lot.

Been to Log Cabin Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!