“Disappointing meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

The outside appearance was inviting but once we were seated the disappointment began. We ordered a chicken fried steak and a turkey dinner and both were tasteless. The chicken dumpling soup was oversalted. Our waitress was inattentive and unfriendly. An overall poor experience and a waste of money.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Family from various cities around Baraboo decided Log Cabin was most equadistant for all so we met here. There were 10 of us and the staff was very accommodating. We sat at tables put together on the porch. The server Amber was very gracious and attentive. The choices were many on the menu. The food was very good and promptly served. We broke bread together and also had a much needed time catching up.
Prices were reasonable. Portions were very good also.
If in the area we would recommend giving them a try. I'm sure we will be back.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We ate here on a Saturday night. We decided to drive out of the Dells for dinner and saw all the great reviews on this restaurant. We had 4 adults and 2 young kids with us. When we pulled up we saw how many people were waiting outside and inside to eat but we decided to wait. It was a 50-60 minute wait. We decided to stay and wait. It was well worth it! The two men in our party had the steak and enjoyed it but it was a little thin. I had the turkey dinner which was so delicious. I couldn't finish it all so my husband helped me out and he absolutely enjoyed it. My daughter had the meatloaf and mashed potato bowl. She loved it. Dinner rolls were also included which our grandkids love. Their kids meals were so good also, they ate every bit. The prices were very reasonable. We also bought one of their cherry pies and it had to weigh 3 pounds! That was very good also. We were here for a long weekend and live 4 hours away but if we lived closer we would eat here a lot.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My wife Nan, our friend Connie, and myself went to The Log Cabin for dinner. Connie lives in Portage, Wi and said this place had really good food & mashed potatoes! She was Right! I had the brisket dinner, and it was more than enough food and Tasted Great! Nan & Connie were also Pleased & Connie took home a slice of Banana Cream Pie! Next time we are by Baraboo,WI stop in...You won't Regret Your Decision!!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Have eaten there on a number of occasions. Breakfast can't be beat & lunch & dinner items there are munerous choices. Everything that we have selected was good. Big portions for the money. The log cabin atmosphere is so homey & staff has always been friendly & helpful. Never go to the Dells without stopping here.

Been to Log Cabin Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!