“Great home cooked food!”

Log Cabin Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Baraboo
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We ate here on a Saturday night. We decided to drive out of the Dells for dinner and saw all the great reviews on this restaurant. We had 4 adults and 2 young kids with us. When we pulled up we saw how many people were waiting outside and inside to eat but we decided to wait. It was a 50-60 minute wait. We decided to stay and wait. It was well worth it! The two men in our party had the steak and enjoyed it but it was a little thin. I had the turkey dinner which was so delicious. I couldn't finish it all so my husband helped me out and he absolutely enjoyed it. My daughter had the meatloaf and mashed potato bowl. She loved it. Dinner rolls were also included which our grandkids love. Their kids meals were so good also, they ate every bit. The prices were very reasonable. We also bought one of their cherry pies and it had to weigh 3 pounds! That was very good also. We were here for a long weekend and live 4 hours away but if we lived closer we would eat here a lot.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My wife Nan, our friend Connie, and myself went to The Log Cabin for dinner. Connie lives in Portage, Wi and said this place had really good food & mashed potatoes! She was Right! I had the brisket dinner, and it was more than enough food and Tasted Great! Nan & Connie were also Pleased & Connie took home a slice of Banana Cream Pie! Next time we are by Baraboo,WI stop in...You won't Regret Your Decision!!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Have eaten there on a number of occasions. Breakfast can't be beat & lunch & dinner items there are munerous choices. Everything that we have selected was good. Big portions for the money. The log cabin atmosphere is so homey & staff has always been friendly & helpful. Never go to the Dells without stopping here.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We stopped here more then once in a week.
How can you not like a place that considers a slice of pie a side-item!?! For our first stop at lunch I order a bowl of soup, chicken sandwich and had an option of sides for which I got PIE! The soups are all homemade. The bread for my sandwich was made on site too, but the chocolate silk pie was heavenly. Dinner a couple of days later I got the BBQ pork (such good smoke flavor and a huge portion!) and I had the peanut butter pie. So good with real cream topping and not too sweet. Hubby had the lemon pie his first go which was a great variation on a key lime pie and the dinner had the apple dutch a la mode - also very, very good. His chili was nice that first lunch.
Don't forget to check out the decor... all carver wood of bears in the log cabin frame and laser cuts at each table.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Pies are nothing more than whipped cream pies. Really bad. Breakfast menu items are poor in presentation and quality. Service was excellent.