“Delectable!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

If I lived in Door County I'd eat at Chives every day! Wonderful food created by a truly creative chef. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. They offer different size plates for various appetites. I ordered a medium size mussels and it was quite large actually. I ended up taking some home. My better half ordered their hamburger and it was delicious with bacon and onion jam!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

6 of us went to Chives for dinner on Friday. We had a great meal and very nice service. The restaurant has a nice open welcoming atmosphere. We started with some of the house cocktails which were very good. We had an assortment of food oysters, crab cakes, won tons and house salad. For our main courses we had the burger, Marsala chicken, fried perch and the pasta. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. We have been going to Door County for over 5 years and this is one of the top places we have eaten. We would definitely recommend it.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 November 2017

The sleepy side of the Door comes alive with Chives. Wonderful food in a real nice setting with helpful servers. We started with the fried cheese curds appetizer and could have probably quit there. Delicious. I had the Salmon, which was huge and delicious and my wife had the Beef Cheeks and Spaetzle. Yes, I said cheeks...Like slowly braised short ribs, unbelievably good.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The restaurant is very comfortable with nice views of the harbor as it sets up from street level. The food and drinks are great and the staff is very good!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

This is a great spot for a nice meal with a pretty view. Beautifully decorated space. As far as the service, they were very busy and friendly, Overall service was slow and perhaps understaffed. Not very impressed with the food.