See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Overpriced, rundown, not very friendly or helpful staff. Will not stay again. Hallways are dark, tubs and surrounds are stained. Our room was decently clean but shabby. AC worked which was a relief. Had to fill an awful lot of personal information when we checked in. Had to go find desk clerk working in breakfast room to check out. Although a lot more was offered in breakfast sign all I saw in the room at 9 am was cereal

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank traubone
Reviewed 29 June 2014

To say that this hotel is Horrible and Unsafe is probably an understatement. As a Police Officer I felt the need to write this after my stay on personal business. I was from out of town and it had nothing to do with my job. Upon arrival they will tell you that you MUST fill out a form (which has all your personal information) because they need to keep it on file while your in the hotel and that you can have it back when you leave. ABSOLUTE LIE. They will not give it back to you. When I asked why they needed all the additional info the desk clerk stated that it was in case the local police needed to do an investigation it would prove I stayed there. I booked my room online with a Credit Card and when I mentioned this the Clerk just regurgitated that it was "POLICY" in case the police needed it. I filled out the form with semi bogus info and refused to give some details.

Now, I headed to my room. Tired and frustrated after driving from D.C. I get to my room. First thing I notice is the odor's walking down the hallway. Not Drugs or anything.. But it smelled like a dirty locker room that hadn't been cleaned in a month. The signs say no smoking but I can tell you that's not enforced. I got into the room and found BLACK MOLD in the air conditioner unit, the sheets on one of the beds were stained with an unknown substance (not small stains). Luckily the other bed was descent after careful inspection.

I heard 4-5 arguments through out the night between drunks in the hallway and adjacent rooms. The few times I ran out to my vehicle I found there were always drunks hanging out in front of the hotel smoking and being loud or randomly in the parking lot. Several of them tried to bum money or cigarettes from me and were pretty aggressive in their pursuit.

Bottom line... The only reason I wasn't truly harassed was because I was able to show some of the idiots a GUN AND BADGE that I happened to carry based on profession.

DO NOT STAY HERE.. ITS NOT WORTH IT.. 48 hrs after checking out and being home I now have a very very bad sinus infection, sore throat and chest congestion that will cost me 2-3 sick days.

Room Tip: There is nothing GOOD here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
12  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First and foremost i have to say the owner Mak is disrespectful My family stayed from february 28th-june 1st. We had nothing but problems. Our first room our bathroom doorknob was broken when we got there. And our a.c didnt work. Did he fix it? No. He got disrespectful with my husband numerous times. For petty reasons. Even after my husband worked for him. Ofcourse he fired him by not telling him he was fired but telling every other employee. Then he upped our rate and charged someone with the same room $100 less. He called my room and told me to shut my newborn who has colic up. Well he tried kicking us out numerous times since my husband talked to housekeepers. If u have tattoos dont come here either since u will get discriminated against. Basically dont stay at this hole. Its disgusting he dont like to replace sheets and will charge u for complimentary items.

• Stayed: March 2014
11  Thank mommyof2boysoneonway
Reviewed 23 May 2014

First Magnuson and GuestHouse is one and the same hotel: the picture for Magnuson is not the hotel's picture (mis-advertisement, not sure where the picture was taken but it is not the hotel I stayed in). The hotel has both signs (one under the other: Mahnuson Hotel and GuestHouse Inn) and all accessories inside are from Days Inn. WHAT A FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! Dirty, towels are so thin, yellow, bed sheets old (had to ask for the change as they looked used), the shampoo looks like pockets of ketchup and they do not replace it (not they replace the soap bars ( the size of box of matches). spider webs everywhere, old car tires in the swimming pool. I was greeted by three men (one with old dry coffee stains on the front of his dirty polo shirt) who insisted that I would get better rates booking directly with them. I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
15  Thank Rox202014
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were virtually the only people in this hotel. I think I saw one other visitor and there were only two other cars in the parking lot. Despite this, the owner insisted that we take a room far from the entry and on the second floor. As there is no elevator, and there were three of us, this was a big deal with all our luggage. When requested for a main floor room, he demanded more money. In over twenty five years I have never had that sort of response from a hotel. When we got to the room, it was ice cold. Our visit was in the middle of winter. The heater hadn't been on for a long time. Finally, the room heated up, but it wouldn't regulate, and we were roasting by morning. We didn't even stay for the advertised free breakfast, as we felt that we might get sick.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family