See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First and foremost i have to say the owner Mak is disrespectful My family stayed from february 28th-june 1st. We had nothing but problems. Our first room our bathroom doorknob was broken when we got there. And our a.c didnt work. Did he fix it? No. He got disrespectful with my husband numerous times. For petty reasons. Even after my husband worked for him. Ofcourse he fired him by not telling him he was fired but telling every other employee. Then he upped our rate and charged someone with the same room $100 less. He called my room and told me to shut my newborn who has colic up. Well he tried kicking us out numerous times since my husband talked to housekeepers. If u have tattoos dont come here either since u will get discriminated against. Basically dont stay at this hole. Its disgusting he dont like to replace sheets and will charge u for complimentary items.

• Stayed: March 2014
11  Thank mommyof2boysoneonway
Reviewed 23 May 2014

First Magnuson and GuestHouse is one and the same hotel: the picture for Magnuson is not the hotel's picture (mis-advertisement, not sure where the picture was taken but it is not the hotel I stayed in). The hotel has both signs (one under the other: Mahnuson Hotel and GuestHouse Inn) and all accessories inside are from Days Inn. WHAT A FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! Dirty, towels are so thin, yellow, bed sheets old (had to ask for the change as they looked used), the shampoo looks like pockets of ketchup and they do not replace it (not they replace the soap bars ( the size of box of matches). spider webs everywhere, old car tires in the swimming pool. I was greeted by three men (one with old dry coffee stains on the front of his dirty polo shirt) who insisted that I would get better rates booking directly with them. I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
15  Thank Rox202014
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were virtually the only people in this hotel. I think I saw one other visitor and there were only two other cars in the parking lot. Despite this, the owner insisted that we take a room far from the entry and on the second floor. As there is no elevator, and there were three of us, this was a big deal with all our luggage. When requested for a main floor room, he demanded more money. In over twenty five years I have never had that sort of response from a hotel. When we got to the room, it was ice cold. Our visit was in the middle of winter. The heater hadn't been on for a long time. Finally, the room heated up, but it wouldn't regulate, and we were roasting by morning. We didn't even stay for the advertised free breakfast, as we felt that we might get sick.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank AT_DESIGNER
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We have stayed at many hotels and motels over the years, but this must be the nastiest we have ever been in. This was previously a Days Inn, and the new owners did not even bother taking down the old signs. The check-in staff was unfriendly, the room was old and dingy, the bed sheets smelled like they had not been washed since their last use. We found hair on the sheets that was not ours, and we were worried what else might be hidden in the bedding. We called the front desk to voice our concerns, but were dismissed.
We picked the place for location and since we were planning on crashing for just a night, but it was way overpriced for what we got. I wish we had spent a few extra bucks and/or driven a few more miles to find a better, cleaner, American-operated place. Obviously, this place was not at all concerned with guest service. Rather, it seemed all they were doing was skimming off profits without putting anything back into the motel. All I can say is “run, run, run”!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank Renate1111
Reviewed 31 May 2013

For what they charge, I expect better.

Very outdated, "interesting" fountain at the entrance. Still used paper reservation cards. I stayed on the second floor and it had a funky smell. I saw old furniture in the hallway. Just looked very messy and disorganzied. Although close to the interstate, there's just a gas station, welcome center, and another 1986-ish restaurant nearby as your only choices for entertainment. Lobby computer did not work; I think it had a virus. Front desk was made aware of this, but he just shrugged his shoulders.

Phone book from 2009 in room. Breakfast area was not maintained or replenished. Very outdated decor and selections. I guess if you have low standards, this hotel is ok.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business