All reviewshot tubfront deskpancakesindoor poolburger kingfree breakfastother hotelspancake makerroom was cleanwest virginiastrip mall across the streetnice hotelgas stationfamily reunionniagara fallsattentive staffquick check
Reviewed 17 October 2016

My wife and I were there doing a tour of the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. Stayed one night and I have both good and bad to say. First the good: The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable, slept great!! Now for the bad: room wasn't ready when we got there(we arrived AFTER check-in time) and overall the staff, while not nasty or unfriendly, we got the impression that none liked working there( No smiles and forced/ robotic good mornings, etc.) And the pool area is in need of some attention, the door to the area would not open no matter how hard we tried(we were told sometimes its difficult to open) difficult to me does not mean can't. I'm a relatively strong, healthy male and I couldn't open it. An employee finally came over and played with it for awhile and got it to open.When we got in we learned that the hot tub did not work properly(bubbled for about 5 minutes and then stopped, never to bubble again no matter how many times we tried restarting the timer). When the primary reason you choose a hotel was because of the pool and hot tub(and you're willing to pay more than you would for a different one without a pool area). If it has this many issues with it, you are bound to be disappointed. Overall, would probably choose a different and less expensive hotel if doing it again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Robert K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at our Weston, WV Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I apologize for the problems you encountered with housekeeping and maintenance. What is not acceptable is the perception of the employees over attitude. This will definitely be addressed with our staff along with your other concerns. We want our guests to feel comfortable and welcome. Again, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

This was my second stay at the Holiday Inn in Weston, and my stay this time was much much better than my last stay.

Pros
- Pool and hot tub were EXCELLENT!
- Room was comfortable and quiet
- Front desk service was good
- The breakfast was AWESOME! I expected fruit and a bagel, but got a full breakfast, eggs, bacon, english muffins

Cons
-Beds were not the same as last year. Comfortable, but seemed like they were really used as the mattress was squeaky and I kind of sunk in the bed when I sat down. Not the same fluffy posh pillowtop mattress as I had last year. Not a big deal but just thought I would mention.
-The room was not cleaned well. There was lots of dust, and I could tell the nightstand is wiped with furniture polish, but its not actually cleaned. Dirt was caked on the table and it was sticky. It needs cleaned with soapy water, and maybe Murphy's oil soap. It would get rid of the dirt and stickiness and make the room smell great.

Had the room been cleaner I would of given five stars this trip.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Robert K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Thank you for the comments/suggestions you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Weston, WV. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.
The Holiday Inn Express breakfast program gives everyone many options to choose from. You can enjoy the hot breakfast which includes the signature cinnamon roll by Holiday Inn Express and the new pancake option.
Again, thank you for your great comments; and if you travel to Weston again, I hope to see you.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

This hotel is very quiet and clean. They offer a free breakfast, which we would have enjoyed had we not slept too late. The pillows were super comfortable! We stayed in a king suite and were very happy with the comfort and spaciousness of our room. The pool water did look a bit murky so we stayed away from that, but overall our experience was good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you were pleased with the location of the hotel and the amenities. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a wonderful experience and are happy doing so. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Surprisingly, i use TripAdvisor a lot in making my travel decisions As i had an assignment in Weston WV i asked my support team to reserve me a room in the Numoro Uno, The Ichiban hotel in Weston, The Holiday Inn Express.

Well i have not stayed in any of the other places of hospitality in this very hospitable small town, Weston WV. A town where i found the people to be warm welcoming and friendly.

The Holiday Inn on the other hand was lacking exactly that, the hospitality. The tone was set for me as i arrived really late. My arrival was delayed due to a flight delay and middle of the night rode rerouting to nowhere due to a massive MVA on the high way. By the time I got to the Inn I was glad to get some of this expected hospitality, Numero Uno - Ichiban - right.

Patty the receptionist who sort of greeted me had another idea though. She seemed to have been disturbed by my arrival at 2:30 She was some what frazzled couldn't locate her smile or the right room i usually request on my reservation. Nevertheless at 2:30 AM I just wanted to crash so i took what i was given.

In the morning i thought, well, it was a fluke After all it is Numero Uno. Well the breakfast bar was dismal [So sorry we had a snafu with our supply truck...] The next day it was not much different though the "Chef" was not there to apologize.

The wireless didnt work that morning either as "We are working on improving it now..."

So next time i am in town i think i will skip the Ichiban, The Numoro Uno. I heard that a few miles down the rod the Stonewall Jackson resort may be adequate. Will see

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Robert K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for your comments you posted regarding our Weston, WV Holiday Inn Express. We take great pride in a clean and friendly hotel; we fell short, and I apologize for that. I will be discussing each of your concerns with our staff. I would hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you if you are in our area again.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Check-in was great on a Friday afternoon, the front desk personal was very helpful with directions to TALA and recommending Old Hickory BBQ! Thank you. But found that she was pulled away from the front desk to attend to other matters. She looked tired and a bit frazzled, she shared with me that she had worked some long shifts earlier in the week. As for morning breakfast at 9am, the sausages were wiped out, so was the other hot prepared breakfast items, even the hot water for the oatmeal. I offered to help the staff member after not seeing her for ~ 5-10 minutes, I tracked her down in the prep kitchen where she was hustling to get the other prepared warm items in the oven in the back. She too looked frazzled/overwhelmed and insisted she had it covered with a smile. Immediately brought out the hot water. And attended to restocking the other items. I along with my family have been to other HDIE, the breakfast here was OK. This hotel was packed, right off the highway, so I'd recommend make reservations well in advance if you plan to stay here.

Room Tip: first floor down the hall from the pool & front desk
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Robert K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Thank you for your comments you posted regarding our hotel. We take great pride in a clean and friendly hotel with prompt service and I see that fell short of these expectations. I do apologize for your service shortfalls and will be discussing each of your concerns with our staff. Thank you again for being our guest and sharing your experience with us, so that we can work on providing better service to our future guest.