“Complimentary breakfast”

Visions Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Sutton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The complimentary breakfast that comes along with staying at Day Inn and Suites is always really good. They have a pretty good selection of food, just don't get there too close to 9:30 when breakfast is over because I think they stop putting stuff out maybe around 9.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Visions is in the Days Inn and the breakfast is included, so it was just OK. The eggs and sausages were cold, but they were food. The yogurt was good and the next day I had toast and a banana, so it worked. Wouldn't eat there if I had to pay for it.

1  Thank portagelakesgoddess
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We ordered three sandwiches with fries and our bill was around $60 with tip. We thought the price was extremely over priced for the quality of what we received. We love the hotel but won't be eating at Visions again.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I was at the hotel for a convention and went to the restaurant purely out of convenience. Quite frankly, it was terrible.

The first night, a few friends and I decided to have the buffet rather than leave the hotel. One friend actually ordered a sandwich, the other friend ordered the soup/salad/shrimp buffet, and I ordered spaghetti which included the soup/salad buffet. I will try to start off on a positive note. The shrimp cocktail was good. Otherwise, the salad bar didn't have a lot of choices for toppings which seemed ridiculous for a $12.95 salad bar. The soup I tried tasted like it came out of a can but not even quite that good. When the spaghetti arrived, it was all sort of clumped together. You couldn't really wrap the spaghetti on your fork because it was all stuck together and had to cut it apart and eat it in clumps. The sauce wasn't very good. I didn't eat much of the spaghetti. We had considered originally getting the complete buffet but it seemed rather pricey. Maybe if you are planning to eat a lot and are just interested in eating a large quantity of food, then it might be worth it. One plus to getting the salad bar was that it also included dessert. In the past, I've had their cobbler and it is actually pretty good. However, they cook it in long skinny trays and set it on the buffet. The first few people get to scoop the nice moist stuff out of the middle of the pan. After that, everyone else gets stuck with the hard crust on the outside. Until all that hard crusty stuff is gone, they won't bring out a new tray. If you ask for ice cream to put on top of the cobbler, the crusty stuff is reasonably edible.

The waitress asked us if we minded if she brought out our check right away, but also said there was no rush to pay. We said that was no problem. Then she never brought our check. Over the next hour we saw her twice and she kept saying she'd bring our check right out. That never happened. Eventually we had to walk up to the cash register and ask if we could pay because we were tired of waiting so long. We caught a whiff of our waitress as she walked by us. It was obvious she'd been more interested in going out and smoking than taking care of her customers. I'm sorry, but when you are in a restaurant serving people food, no one wants to smell that.

The next night we were having a good time again at the conference and didn't want to leave the hotel. After the bad experience in the restaurant the night before, we decided we would just go to the restaurant, order sandwiches, pick them up when they were ready, and eat at our tables in the conference center. I ordered a Monster Burger for $14.95. It looked like a good burger in the menu and it came with grilled mushrooms and onions. I asked the cashier if I could also get lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo on the burger and she said yes. We were told our sandwiches would be ready in 15 - 20 minutes. We came back 25 minutes later and they weren't ready. We were told they would be right out. After another 10 minutes my friend got her sandwich. It took another 10 minutes after that before I got my burger. I walked back to the conference area rather annoyed that it took 45 minutes to get my food when they originally told me 15-20 minutes. I opened my container, looked at my cheeseburger, and there was absolutely nothing on it. No grilled mushrooms, no grilled onions, no lettuce or tomato, just cheese. Remember ... this burger cost me about $15. So back I walked to the restaurant, waited to find someone to help me and then showed them there was nothing on my burger. She took the burger and said she would be right back. She went into the kitchen, came back out and did other things, made some excuse about someone else would be helping me, and went outside to smoke again. About 10 minutes later, someone walks back out with my cheeseburger. It had the lettuce and tomato but still no grilled mushrooms or onions. Plus, to warm it up, they must've put it back on the grill because the burger was absolutely burnt to a crisp. They tried to cover up this fact by melting another piece of cheese on it, but it was clearly burnt. I showed the person who brought me the burger the picture and description of the Monster Burger in the menu. I asked why I didn't get anything on my burger like it said in the description. After all, they'd had 2 chances now to make it for me. She said she was sorry and they could start over again or she could just give me my money back. By this point, everyone else in my group had already finished eating and was ready to go on with the evening activities. I was NOT waiting another hour to get a new cheeseburger. I asked for my money back. I got my money, took my burnt burger, again had to walk by the other waitress who was coming back in from smoking and smelled terrible, ate only 2 bites of the burger because it tasted like I was eating a charcoal briquette, ate the fries, and threw the rest in the trash. Maybe they thought that I should be satisfied since I didn't have to pay for the meal, but they basically gave me garbage, the service was terrible, the staff was really inconsiderate, and my activity schedule was messed up for the rest of the evening. It didn't matter that I got my money back.

I spoke to several others at the convention who also had bad service at the restaurant ... slow service in getting their food, a waitress smelling like cigarettes, and menu food being only so-so. I told the conference coordinator that she should consider finding a different venue in the future so people can get a reasonable meal without leaving the hotel. If it is held at the same location next year, I'll take the time to drive elsewhere for food.

2  Thank Pamela T
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Located in the Days Inn and Suites, Visions is a welcome sight for tired travelers and local patrons. We had sandwiches (Philly Steak and Rubin) which were delicious and large enough to have for lunch on the road the next day. The menu has good variety with something for everyone. We enjoyed relaxing with a glass of wine while taking in the beautiful view.