“A Healthy and Tasty Option”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

I found the Olive Tree while on business in Charleston, WV. It looked like a good and healthy option instead of local fast food.

The place was crowded during lunch time. You order at the counter and they call your name when it is ready. I had the shawarma (lamb) sandwich. It was made like a burrito and the meat was lime fajita meat. Inside was a Greek sauce with cucumber, tomato and lettuce. The sandwich could have used a side of taziki sauce. They probably had it, I just didn’t ask.

The sandwich came with a side. Several options were available. I chose pasta salad. Kind of a small portion, but really good. It had a curry seasoning.

They had lots of salads, sandwiches and entrees. A good healthy and tasty option.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Stopped in Charleston on a trip from DC to KY. Got in rather late and went to Olive Tree for a late "dinner". Great subs and sandwiches. Boar's Head meats! Very reasonably priced. So good that we stopped again on our return trip for lunch. Seems very popular with locals as well. worth the stop.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Right next to our hotel, we wanted something other than fast food so we stopped by. The real Philly I had was great and I had a small which was enough food for me. The Shawarma got a great review (and I have to try it my next time here). The pastrami also got rave reviews from my party. Not cheap, but quality food with fresh ingredients that makes the meal memorable instead of just another meal while traveling. We liked it enough that we will stop back on our way home.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We were able to walk from our hotel to The Olive Tree. It was great to be able to get out of the car after riding all day. We each ordered a small salad, one Greek, one Mediterranean; both were good. We shared an Olive Tree Shawarma, which was very tasty. Very, very friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My husband and I were staying at the Wingate in South Charleston when we discovered this restaurant, which is located within walking distance from the hotel. We were both very impressed, and ate there twice. The food was delicious and the service was great. The owner of the restaurant was very personable and seemed to make a point of talking with the customers and checking to make sure they were enjoying their meal. We will definitely stop there again when we are in the area.