“Lunch”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Greek salad and Baba Ganoush really good. Mrs liked
Baba so well she ordered on to take home. Emoyees
friendly and service was good. Very clean establishment.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Those giving positive reviews must be impressed by the novelty rather than the food, service, and price. We visited for afternoon lunch. No table service, orders taken at the register. We ordered basic turkey club. $9.99 with sides and drinks extra. The sandwich: A lot of great Boars Head turkey, but one tiny slice of bacon (not piled high bacon as advertised), a slice of processed cheese, a single thin slice of lettuce, nearly invisible tomato, smothered with mayo. $9.99? We paid extra for a side of fries, which were undercooked and really greasy. A side of pasta salad was so peppery it was inedible. So we went back to the counter to buy chips, explaining the awful fries and pasta salad, with no apology or comment from the person, not even an offer to sub he chips. BTW, two small bags of chips were well over $3. Never again.

1  Thank MountieTraveler
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Great Greek and Mediterranean food! Sparse furnishings and rustic, but good food! Prices are higher than they should be, in my opinion, but worth it for an occasional change in food types. I recommend the El Duche sandwich with a good draft beer.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Beautiful friendly people serving some amazing dishes. It's a favorite for many for lunch, so the place fills up fast during lunch. But that's okay, because on nice days there's additional seating outside, or a nice little park to eat in across the street. Or get it to go. The place smells of heaven, and they are cooking up several different specials everyday. I especially love the turkey club. They have fries that are my favorite and seasoned perfectly. Located in a clean, new building, this is a must try if you've never been!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I wanted to love this place, but I was a little disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were just too high. What could have been a nice cafe nestled in a village surrounding was more like a fast food diner with a cool appearance.

The food was very good, but I found the place very loud, you ordered at the counter, and if it was busy at all they took your named and when it was ready, screamed for you to come up and get it. The wait staff did not come by one time and it was not clear if soft drink refills were included.

I wanted like the Olive Tree. Maybe I just set my expectations too high. Would I go back? Perhaps, but it would not be my idea.

I'm sorry Olive Tree. You could be great if you just changed a few things.

1  Thank DWyndal