“OK food HORRIBLE SERVICE”

Red Fire Asian BBQ & Japanese Gril
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I was there to enjoy an evening Hibachi meal with my adult son. They sat us and just left us sitting there for 20 minutes unit another couple came along to join us. The waitresses look like they were intentionally ignoring us. The Hibachi chef came to start things and he did a pretty good job and the quality of the ingredients were ok. He puts some things on our plates and we said 'we have no silverware'. He said what? and had to leave the grill and go get it himself. Finally one of the 2 waitresses came over and ask us what we wanted to drink. I think it pained her to do that. She never returned to check on us. Keep in mind they were not crowded. It was a very slow evening. It was a horrible experience and I will not be returning. Maybe they need a new manager?

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Dined in last evening (9/22), restaurant was probably half or less full. 3 staff members were just standing at the bar. Employee came over to the front desk to do something and the phone rang; which forced her to answer. Customer on the phone apparently questioned what time the restaurant closed and the staff member put him on hold as she had no idea; began to Google, apparently couldn’t find the answer there either. Questioned a second staff member who responded with “Uh, I have no idea” until finally the third staff member who I assume was the bartender answered. Not exactly good news when the on shift employees don’t even know when the restaurant closes.

Employee who answered phone finally acknowledged us and seated us at one of the 3-4 tables near the bar. Met with these neon bubble tanks with cracks in multiple tanks and significant algae at the bottom.

Waitress came over. Took our order. 2 soft drinks, a spicy tuna roll, fried calamari, and 2 Hibachi dinners.

Drinks and soup/salad basically arrived at the same time. Ginger dressing is actually very good here.

Sushi and appetizer arrived shortly after, no complaints.

Both of these courses were brought out by someone who wasn’t our waitress.

Then, our dinners (Chicken/Shrimp and Steak/Shrimp) arrived from another new staff member who we haven’t previously seen. This staff member has a very poor attitude, and unfortunately did not catch her name. She came to the table to deliver and asked who had the shrimp. I said I had the chicken/shrimp and before I could finish my sentence she rolled her eyes and literally just sat our plates down on the corner ledge and walked away. Our waitress was walking by after being MIA for the first two courses and actually handed us our food. Vegetables were not cooked all the way through, noodles were undercooked as well, thankfully the meat was actually cooked. Yum Yum sauce is the worst I’ve ever tasted. Watered down mayonnaise with no additives.

Check arrived to the tune of nearly 70$. Paid and left an extremely rare, poor tip for the service and staff attitude.

Terrible staff attitude, unknowledgeable/missing staff, slow for the amount of people present, undercooked hibachi extras, good sushi/appetizers/dressing.

They also have these robots that move around ever so slightly. But serve no purpose there than getting in the way.

Will not be back. Fujiyama on MacCorkle Ave and Umami near CAMC General are far better Hibachi options in the Charleston area. Highly avoid Red Fire.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We found this near our hotel and decided to try. It was mediocre. The maki rolls actually fell apart every time we tried to pick up a piece. Vegetable spring rolls were small and mostly wrapper with a grey filling that didn’t look much like vegetables. The interior is darkened with lots of neon lighting; popular with a younger crowd, but ugly and not relaxing. It was edible but forgettable.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Portions generous, Food quality very good, extensive wine list, moderately priced, and close to the Hampton Inn where we stayed on Southridge.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The best sushi place in Charleston. The interior is awesome. In the warm months they open up cabanas behind the restaurant that you can eat at. I always have a wonderful experience at Red Fire!