“Coffee”

The Black Dog Coffee Company
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is really a local coffee shop where they roast and brew on site. Get one to go or sit down and chat or use you laptop. You'll also find a few nibbles to go with your coffee and a variety of locally produced items.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Black Dog has their own roasting machine and told me the history of the machine and gave me a tour of the roasting room. I especially like their Italian Breakfast Tea!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Don’t be deterred by the Granny Clampet shed exterior of this unassuming place. Once inside you’ll find a charming modern rustic coffee house in a well kept secret location. The coffee is excellent and you can get a view of the operation through a glass window, including the precious black dog at times. This is a popular gathering place for locals. I happily drive 25 min for my weekend coffee fix. They have an interesting array of local jams honey and unique baked goods. I love taking out of towers here who always comment what a great time they had for a local experience. More than a coffeehouse. It’s an experience worth the visit!

1  Thank Elle R
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We stopped in on our way out of town because the Thomas Shepherd Inn had this coffee and we really liked it. We bought a couple bags, but couldn't resisted getting some for the road, It is very good coffee and the service at the store was quick and the lady that made mine even helped me pick out what to try. It was really good. I really enjoyed out visit. There were all kinds of people in the store talking and eating. It was worth it to stop.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

This coffee company uses a miniature coffee roaster. I was looking at their blends and was approached by a sales girl who offered to help and to give me samples. She then gave me a complete history of the company and their roaster. Enjoyable visit and only paid $8.50 per pound.