“Great food, service, and view!”

Angela's on the River
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Saint Albans
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Angela's on the River is a wonderful restaurant set in a historic home (The Chilton House, built in the mid 1800's). It overlooks the Coal River.

The food is moderately priced and delicious. The service is always top- notch and there are typically creative daily specials. For a landlocked state, their seafood is exquisitely fresh.

Definitely give Angela's a try!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

The service was okay but the food wasn’t good. It really didn’t have much taste (my chicken strips tasted like cardboard) and the temperatures weren’t consistent. The butter for our hush puppies came out liquified (which ruined the taste and made it impossible to spread) and my Mom’s cocktail sauce was frozen. I’ve been here several times and I’ve tried to like it but I just can’t. It’s the same every time: terrible to just okay service and awful food with no taste. That was officially my last try. Not a fan!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018

What a lovely place with a very friendly and helpful staff. Varied menu and a full bar complement this venue, on the river. Several different dining areas for individuals, small and large groups. "Angela" is almost always there, so ask to meet her...

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We had a Christmas party with 60 people. Angela did an excellent job. The food was great (choice of steak, salmon or chicken with 2 sides). She included more side choices than in her regular menu, plus as agreed, excellent appetizers. The waitresses were friendly and making sure that everyone was taken care of. The food was great at a very reasonable price. I had the filet, requested well done, and it was extremely tender and juicy. The Sangria is one of the best I had outside Spain. Everyone had a great time.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had our date night and we had never been here. I got prime rib, baked potato and salad. It was very good! My husband had a steak, scallop potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Then we had desert, chocolate peanut butter pie. Everything was very good and our service was excellent. I highly recommend.

Date of visit: January 2018