All reviews red lobster no elevator sausage gravy limited bar hot breakfast room was clean recommend this hotel hotel is located the breakfast area yogurt front desk clerk indoor pool waffle maker hotel room first floor beds cleanliness
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The room was clean; the breakfast they provide with the room was better than most as far as taste was concerned but the selection was slim. My biggest complaint was the free internet service...it was horrible, I could only get into a very few websites, all the ones I needed I couldn't access and those sites were safe sites! Even Amazon wasn't allowed! It was the worse internet service I have ever had. I had to use my cell phone service to do my work which I hate because the screen is small. If you have to use the internet service either use your cell phone service or find another motel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Comparing this property from three years ago, it is going downhill slowly. The bed was okay, but the A/C control did not function correctly. There was a slight sewer small in the bath in the mornings. The hot/cold control in the shower was very tough to adjust.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

After a football game and a two hour drive, we finally checked in after midnight. The front desk clerk was exceptionally kind and made sure that we knew when breakfast was served, where coffee and water were located in case we needed anything to get going in the morning.
The lack of an elevator was frustrating due to the lack of sleep, the late hour and the amount of stuff we needed to cart up the stairs and three quarters of the way down the hall.
Room was clean, bathroom was clean, and the room smelled as though it had been really cleaned.
Breakfast in the morning included a hot bar with scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits, sausage, and sausage gravy. The general offerings were yogurt, boiled eggs, pastries, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, milk and juice. The breakfast area manager was very nice and offered to make our daughter non cheesy potatoes if we had time to wait.
Overall, this is will be our go to place to stay when we return to Parkersburg.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the back side of the hotel and are quieter due to the location of the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2017

we recently spent a night there while passing thru.the staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.the room was either new or was just remodeled. everything was very clean and looked brand new.very nice king size bed.if you like my review please vote for me :) thank you

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I stayed here several years ago. At the time, I thought the hotel was a bit overpriced for what it offered. I was in the area again recently and cashed in a free Choice Privileges night to stay here again, although I noted that prices have come down somewhat from what they were seven years ago.

No major issues with my stay. The wi-fi didn't work when I was there seven years ago, but it worked fine this time. Comfortable beds, clean room, poor shower water pressure. The location is inconvenient to the interstate but is convenient to shopping and dining. It's a bit tricky to get to, as it's located behind the Red Lobster. Good hot breakfast.

One thing I did note was that it took a great deal of force to push the door handle down to open the door when trying to enter the room. I don't know if this was an issue with just my room or if it's the case with every room in the hotel. Someone with poor grip or hand/arm strength might have difficulty getting into their room.

I'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo