All reviews greenbrier river private hot tub quick trip love this place patton driveway
Reviewed 21 July 2015

We came upon this jewel by accident. We originally were staying somewhere else when we passed by Jerico. It is a bed and breakfast, but they also have these amazing cabins. Curious, we stopped in and chatted with the owner, Tom. These cabins are built with the wood from pre-civil war cabins. Loved the history! He said he had a cabin available and we were welcome to look at it. It was instant love! The place was warm, cozy, romantic, CLEAN, with beautiful views off the porch. We stayed in The Rebel cabin for two nights and were very sad to leave. Tom and his wife Lindy were very hospitable and accommodating. We love the area and spent two days biking/hiking/canoeing. One of our best trips we've been on and can't wait to go back. Thank you, Tom and Lindy!

Room Tip: The bed and breakfast at Jerico has wi-fi but not the cabins. Cells don't work in the town of Marlinton unless you have ATT.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debbyg3
Reviewed 10 January 2015

Another GREAT experience in the Ruckman cabin!!!!! I have stayed in this cabin 3 times this year and each time I found it to be clean, well stocked, and quite comfortable. I have much enjoyed building my friendship with Lindie and Tom. They, both, love Pocahontas County, Marlinton, and their cabins.

Room Tip: Discuss your desires and needs with Lindie, as there are many choices.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dianade101
Reviewed 1 December 2014

I found the website a few years ago and was intrigued. When we got engaged, we decided this would be ideal. We are both living historians, love the mountains, antiques, and nature. It was only a six-hour drive so we didn't have to spend a lot of our time traveling. We missed our cabin on arrival, but the owner, Tom, very graciously directed us to The Lewis. LOVED the cabin! We spent most of 4 days alone, but all of my family joined us for Thanksgiving, some staying in The Yank. We had the best family Thanksgiving ever! Lindie & Tom thought of everything. Our drive was plowed by Tom, they put ice melt on the walks, and brought us LED lights during a power outage. Everyone in Marlinton was very friendly, and we had a great day of antiquing in Lewisburg. Planning to return for our first anniversary. Will highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen K
Reviewed 27 November 2014

Comfortable clean cabins . Sparkling hot tubs, glowing fireplaces and friendly caring hostess, Friendly nice small town, Cabins furnished well with sufficient supplies, blankets etc Nice yard for the dog

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KALMESTER
Reviewed 27 October 2014

Well, lets review. I was late checking in. Lindie called me and informed me that "most people call when they are going to be late", I agree I was late but that is embarrising to hear while sitting with ones family member and getting my hands slapped (at my age) for tardiness. My sister and I arrived; Tom was in the office and gave us our key to the room", he was very nice. Next am; we went for breakfast and Lindie was much nicer, (must have had a bad day before). Breakfast was okay that am. Tom came in ask if we needed more coffee made and started talking to us about the Cass Railroad trip we were going on. He is I can tell a very hard working man, who loves what he does; and is a very kind man. We even talked about Physical therapy the last day we were there. His dad was a Physical therapist. He was just so easy to talk to. Lindie was also very nice that day; we went to show her I halloween costumes, Wilma Flinstone, and Betty Rubble, she was so sweet to us, took our picture for us and just thought they were so perfect. All in all, I would say the stay at Jerico was a really good one, Tom and Lindie were really a nice, (we all have our moments). The room we had was very clean, bathroom small, but so comfortable. I would definitely recommend the Jerico Bed and Breakfast to those traveling tru the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin. Rooms are nice but small.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family