All reviews greenbrier river private hot tub quick trip love this place patton driveway
Reviewed 27 October 2014

Well, lets review. I was late checking in. Lindie called me and informed me that "most people call when they are going to be late", I agree I was late but that is embarrising to hear while sitting with ones family member and getting my hands slapped (at my age) for tardiness. My sister and I arrived; Tom was in the office and gave us our key to the room", he was very nice. Next am; we went for breakfast and Lindie was much nicer, (must have had a bad day before). Breakfast was okay that am. Tom came in ask if we needed more coffee made and started talking to us about the Cass Railroad trip we were going on. He is I can tell a very hard working man, who loves what he does; and is a very kind man. We even talked about Physical therapy the last day we were there. His dad was a Physical therapist. He was just so easy to talk to. Lindie was also very nice that day; we went to show her I halloween costumes, Wilma Flinstone, and Betty Rubble, she was so sweet to us, took our picture for us and just thought they were so perfect. All in all, I would say the stay at Jerico was a really good one, Tom and Lindie were really a nice, (we all have our moments). The room we had was very clean, bathroom small, but so comfortable. I would definitely recommend the Jerico Bed and Breakfast to those traveling tru the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin. Rooms are nice but small.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jmayapple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a city girl and frequent business traveler that wants to be a country girl ,,, so i do like my amenities. I have stayed at this property twice.
Once in the rebel cabin ,,, what a perfect cabin ,,, gorgeous location ,, gorgeous porch with hot tub,,, very clean,, nice romantic bedroom downstair with lovely windows and view.
A bigger and more comfortable bathroom with large shower than ever expected ,,, a loft upstairs with 2 beds. A swing on the porch, chairs , grill, equipped kitchen, perfect fireplace ,,, there is a tv if you have to have one. It is so incredibly quiet ! and just beautiful for walking. warning ,,, you can get up the "mountain" in summer ,,, front wheel drive, but it is steep, i shifted to first gear ,,, i dont think you could make it in snow without a four wheel drive ,, this is a rugged driveway up. not a long way up , but steep.
I also stayed at the bed and breakfast that i believe have 5 or 6 rooms. Basic , very clean rooms ,,, small bathrooms ,,, but in the morning ,, there is coffee brewing and the owners make a lovely breakfast ,,eggs ,toast, waffles , sausage, bacon ,, really nice breakfast area and parlor. If you step out of the B and B you can also walk up the road and see some of the other cabins ( not the Rebel).
Both the cabin and room at the B and B were very clean and i had everything i needed. If you have an ATT mobile ,, it does work with some sporadic outages ,,, and it will work in the town of Marlinton ,,, only a few minutes drive away.
there is so much to see and do in Pocahontas county ,, I imagine this a great place to stay for friends, family reunions and romance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Moniflysua
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm struggling with my review of this place. They are pre civil war cabins! If you are expecting them to compare with a 5 star hotel, you will be disappointed. If you compare them with other rustic cabins, you will be pleased. We stayed in Patton cabin. The kitchen and bathroom were tiny but very clean and we found everything we needed to cook for 2. The dark cabin bedroom interior was ALWAYS dark... even with all the lights on. It also had a black comforter and black sheets. We slept with the door open, but the screen door didn't fit well so we plugged the space with a blanket. The porch was wonderful and we spent most of our time there on the porch swing. The scenery is beautiful, the people are friendly and there is much to do in the area. We rode bikes on the Greenbrier River Bike Trail and hiked in both Monongahela Forest and Watoga State Park - where we saw a bear! The town of Marlinton is about a mile away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband & I (along with our pup) just returned home from our stay at the Jerico pre-Civil War cabins. The cabin, Milroy, was immaculate and was well stocked with pots, dishes, silverware, glasses and every necessary kitchen appliance, including a gas grill. There is a brook that runs outside the cabin that lulled us to sleep at night and provided the ideal background sounds as we went about our day on the porch or in the cabin.
The owners, Lindie & Tom, are the perfect inn-keepers: friendly, conscientious, and they keep the entire property spotless. We loved our visit and highly recommend the cabins ... I'm sure the B&B rooms are ideal, as well. Also, the rates are an unbeatable value!
We were there to tour the Cass RR & it was a short, scenic drive (@20 mins.) from the cabin.
All in all, my husband and I agree this was the most restful and enjoyable vacation we've had in years.
Thanks Lindie & Tom -- you & your place are the best!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ginniem756
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We've stayed here year after year on our annual trip to Pocahantas County, There are so many attractions in Pocahontas County but we leave ample time to just sit here, read, walk the grounds, and relax in this lovely and peaceful place. The cabins are very attractive and have everything we need to be comfortable, and more, The Jerico is our ""Almost Heaven, West Virginia" home-away-from- home.

Room Tip: The Jerico website has pictures and excellent descriptions of each cabin.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple