All reviews room was clean parking lot bar grill outside entrance biscuits and gravy overnight stop yogurt usb ports free breakfast would stay here again the ground floor hour drive short stay first floor king suite gas station waffle maker
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

If I could leave a negative star review I would. Reserved 3 rooms for a mandatory stay in WV due to a family wedding. The smell walking into the room was a mixture of mildew and cigarette smoke. The carpet is dark so you can't see what's living on it. Which is good at first glance until you find a more than likely used snuff dip pouch on the carpet. Gross. Unless you're into that kinda thing. The sheets have stains and don't get me started on the comforter.. The shower didn't drain so you're standing in ankle deep water of your filth mixed with im sure 7 other peoples filth that stayed before you. The tile in the shower has caked on dirt and trust me it's in your best interest to bring shower shoes. Later in the stay we find a cockroach. YES A COCKROACH on the curtain. We called the front desk and she was nice/ stated when she hears the word cockroaches she freaks out, so she can't come in the room but she would be more than happy to bring the bug spray for us to spray it. This is not a joke people. In the mean time we had the conjoining room doors open. Where we found multiple, I'm talking multiple LIVE spiders, spider sacs, and probably 30 baby centipedes. Let's just say that was our limit. The front desk lady then knocked and asked if we were sure it was a cockroach? "Yes ma'am.. it was" she then tells us they have to take classes in order to tell the difference between a cockroach and a waterroach. Folks, it's bad when they have to take a class on this stuff!! She assured us that our rooms would be free and taken care of. She should've been paying us to stay here..She also explained that maintenance and cleaning crew would be here tomorrow. Well they'll be here, but we won't. And if you're wondering why we hung out that long it's because the owner of the Greenbrier reserved all the nice hotels for the Texan football teams families. So thanks for that.. Bottom line is DONT stay here and if you do, bring shower shoes, zip up your stuff and sleep with your mouth closed.... it's okay if you forget the bug spray because the front desk has bulk, but Pool the is nice (:

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Charity E
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I stay predominantly at Choice Properties when I travel .This year we have stayed in some very nice Choice Hotels.Traveling Solo on this road trip, I did not need nor expect the ambience that we are accustomed to at higher end Choice Motels.The price for the room compared to adjoined motels was definitely a bargain.The room I stayed in, Room 250, had outside entrance,with the door sluggish to open upon entry .The room was a double bed room that had cable tv,with poor reception, a outside vanity and a bath/shower.My biggest concerns were the door lock and the multiple holes in the curtain which allowed the sun to enter the room way too early.The room was clean and had a microwave and fridge which was nice.I ate the breakfast which was better than average.The staff were friendly and informative and I would consider staying again if I could get one of the renovated rooms.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before booking.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I admit that I hate doors to the outside from the rooms. If I had known that it had that, I likely would not have stayed. The room is clean, but dated and musty-smelling. The bathroom light is odd. The bed is good. Close to the highway. Everything is on the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Good experience. Rented three rooms for my family of 11. Great location close to the highway and downtown. Prices reasonable. Nice pool and very nice bar and restaurant on site but limited menu. Friendly staff. Reasonably clean but lighting in rooms especially the bathrooms was poor. Great bargain and close to many restaurants.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Even though the hotel is older with exterior entrances, we were pleasantly surprised with our room. Recently updated with plenty of electrical outlets at bedside for cpap. Nice pool area with shaded picnic tables close by. Very nice breakfast room and also a restaurant on the premises. We were very pleased with our accommodations and front desk staff were friendly and helpful. My only suggestion would be that all hotels need to add additional electrical outlets in bathroom vanity areas for hair styling products.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple