Review Highlights
Bluestone state park is a must see & do!

Reviewed 29 August 2021
pjj305
Spotsylvania, Virginia
via mobile
Consider this park if in the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2021
Billy K

All reviews bedroom cabin west virginia catfish great fishing bath house gift shop big pine dam picnic pipestem fireplace trail wv playground river appliances utensils
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

Cabin #9 was immaculate! The kitchen had a beautiful set of dishes, plenty of pots, pans and baking sheets. Beautiful updated bathroom. Clean living room furniture and a fireplace stacked with wood ready for a fire, how inviting!
Bed linens and towels appear to be brand spanking new!
Thank you Priscilla and Frank Ratcliffe for a wonderful stay!! I highly recommend this park!
Everything was groomed and tidy!
The pool water and deck were immaculate!
The staff were helpful and friendly. I also highly recommend Pipestem state park the bathrooms in the campgrounds were always clean. We went to the annual car show at Pipestem state park, which was also totally awesome!! The hugest car show I’ve ever gone to, I highly recommend it!! Super organized, awesome live band, food trucks, loved supporting the historical society who was selling food there, what a great idea!! Thank you all for a great time!

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 22 August 2021

This is a beautiful area but don't be fooled by the trail ratings. I'm not sure who rates the trails for WV state parks but they are not very accurate. We took one trail (Rhododendron?) that was rated easy/moderate and within 100 steps were on a steep trail that was (at most) one foot wide along the side of an incredibly steep hill that could be incredibly dangerous if you slipped on the mud/rocks. You would fall a long way before stopping. We tried a few other trails and found most of them to be similar in nature.

Date of experience: August 2021
1  Thank Karen123WV
Reviewed 14 July 2021

The people who work there were very kind and professional. Beautiful location. Outside of the obnoxious man who brought his family and was loud, it was perfect. When that man wasn't around, it was so quiet and peaceful. Thankfully, that person left early. I recommend the place and if I come back to the area, I would go back.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 23 March 2021 via mobile

This was the best one night/day trip we have ever taken as a couple! We drove 2.5 hours and literally found it by sheer luck on google. It was a wonderful stay! The employees at the main office were so nice! We had a nice little bedroom cabin all in one really perfect for two. Beautiful area every where you look is a waterfall or babbling brook. Our cabin was nice and clean with any basics you would need for just a night or two. Had a place for a campfire which was a lot of fun and a picnic table. We were off by ourself there was plenty of privacy at least where we were located! We spent the next day fishing. They had a great fishing and boat docking area. They also have other amenities as well such as activity building which I'm sure is seasonal as well as a pool. They had a bath house, laundry area, basketball goals, playground, numerous trails of different levels of difficulty/lengths. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place and area. We will definitely be back to visit!

Date of experience: March 2021
1  Thank 363lacyw
Reviewed 3 February 2021

I loved the Campground, the country store, the beauty of Bluestone. I'm a native West Virginia but the marina and the folks who run it? Deplorable customer service, terrible customer relations, zero class, and very rude towards my gay family member and my elderly mother. I would not suggest doing business with the marina and spending hard earned, essential worker money on such a**holes! Krogers in town? Employees acted inconvenienced when a question about location of an item in the store. Just take your money elsewhere unless you have what you need and do not need the services of the marina!!! Terrible! 0/10

Date of experience: August 2020