“"Best of what's available"”

La Carreta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Elkview
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten at La Carreta more than once....it seems to be a local favorite as it is always "hopping"---staff is welcoming, service prompt and portions very generous. Food is average (maybe a cut above) but there are not a lot of choices in Elkview so enjoy!

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

My family and I always came to this restaurant almost every Friday or Saturday's. I took my mother out for mothers day and we waited and waited for a server. We waited for a good 30 minutes till we asked who our server was. The managers son, started yelling at us. Told us we was no longer aloud to come back because we didn't give the servers enough tips. But if I do recall, Everytime we leave I leave 5 dollars on card and my family leaves tips on tables. So they usually get a pretty good tip from us. But they claim we NEVER leave tips. Also, I was getting bank statements saying how I spent 25 to 30 dollars over at the LA carreta and I didn't understand because my meal is always 9 dollars when I pay by myself. But my statements go on and on. I will never be back. They treat there customers horrible. And it's very unprofessional..

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Decent food at reasonable prices. Beer is very, very cold, served in frosted mugs. Went for dinner. Did I mention that the beer is very cold?

Reviewed 5 May 2016

My Girl and I walked the loop around the shopping center (in the rain), then stopped at La Carreta for supper on Cinco de Mayo.

I can recommend Las Enchiladas de Maria, which are cheese enchiladas smothered with chicken or beef and a green chili sauce that is not very spicy, but quite tasty. The house margaritas are not bad and were a bargain on Cinco.

I would not recommend the sopapillas, though. They appear to be a fried flour tortilla with a bit of cinnamon and chocolate sauce to liven them up a bit. Real sopapillas are more like a pastry.

I like the place and would definitely go again. The waitstaff is very attentive and friendly. It's a great family spot.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

The food is always the same delicious and on time even if sometimes you have to wait to get in the door it's worth the wait!! Great variety on menu. Atmosphere is great- staff very friendly and attentive!!! It's our go to place sometimes several times a week or birthdays are great to celebrate there!