“Best takeout subs in the area”
Review of Penn Station

Penn Station
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Elkview
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We use Penn Station strictly for takeout. Service is fast & efficient, and the sandwiches are very good (they don't skimp on the meats and cheese!). My favorite is their Italian sub, with ham, salami, banana peppers, lettuce & tomato, with a generous splash of oil & vinegar dressing. Yummm...

You can select 6, 8, 10 or 12 inch subs. I like the flexibility of that -- sometimes we get a 10" and split it, but the 6" is good for just one person.

Call ahead, or order at the counter. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Stop here every trip. As far as I consider this is the best Penn station we eat at nation wide. Clean and so friendly.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Penn Station was one of my favorite go-to lunch destinations in Columbus so when I was in WV recently -- Penn Station seemed like a logical choice. The Elkview area of WV was (still is) recovering from some serious flooding and a number of local eating places were still not back in business.

We were to Penn Station during the lunch hour. The food was good -- typical of other Penn Station locations I've eaten in and the service was fine. However, their soft drink machine was on the fritz so no soft drinks and they had lemonade but no ice. It was a little hard to enjoy lunch while sipping on warm lemonade.

In normal times, I'd rate this as a 2-star but considering the local efforts to recover from the floods, I'm going to stretch and give them 3 stars. The sandwiches and fries were good and the service was good -- just fell down on the drink side.