See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Old hotel but clean only one key per room. It is a nice location but needs to be updated. The service was good and breakfast was good.it is kind of hid by a Mexician cafe. Clean quite place to stay for a short time.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Doodleebks
Reviewed 31 May 2016

This is not a bad hotel. It has seen better days, however. It is a solid concrete building, not creaky like those wooden Super 8's. When kids run down the corridor, everyone in the building doesn't hear it. My room was in need of an updating. Although the furniture and fixtures were high-quality, they were very worn and scuffed, and looked as if they were from around 1985. The mattress was comfortable, however, and everything in the room worked. I checked in late. The evening desk staff was efficient but not very personable. The morning staff at checkout were very friendly, however. They told me that this hotel is to become an EconoLodge.
The entire building is non-smoking and that information is well-marked almost everywhere you look. Despite this, my bathroom smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. I do wish hotel guests would be more considerate of others.
Breakfast was included in the room price but is pretty minimal. The breakfast room was in another building and in retrospect the meal probably wasn't worth the time it took to find the room. Free parking in a close-in suburb of Charleston; restaurants and gas stations are nearby; easy access to the interstate.
The price was very reasonable at less than $50 a night.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank 910mikel
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

I had booked my room for a week and after only one day I had to check out. The rooms are nasty and the staff are even worse. The ladies behind the desk did nothing but gossip about other staff. When complaint went to the manager she just blew it off. WARNING DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL. She's the only manager I'd ever seen to ask for a tip.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2015

This was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. Looking around one can tell that at one time this was a very nice Hotel. However, on entering the clerk just looked at me as if to say "what do you want." He acted irritated that I wanted to rent a room. All the surrounding Hotels were full so I decided to continue the process. I told the clerk I was thinking about renting a room to which he responded "Well are you just going to think about it or rent a room?" I was shocked but needed to sleep so I said that I needed to rent a room. He registered me and gave me a room on the first floor as I asked. When I got to the room it had not been cleaned. So I went back to the front desk and told him. He gave me another room on the third floor. When the elevator doors opened the hallway was 90 degrees and there were bleach stains all over the carpets and the entire place although fancy at one time looked like a disaster. I got to the room and opened the door and the lights would not come on. All of the lights and appliances were unplugged. I plugged them all back in and turned on the air... yea! it worked. the room did not look bad but when my wife turned down the covers she said there were hairs in the bed... ew. In the morning I went down to the breakfast area and it was a joke they had a very large man attending playing music loudly on his phone while he played video games. Bad coffee, stale food products ... we did not eat there. I decided to let them know at the front desk in a very polite manner that the hotel although badly maintained could be a very nice place with some adjustments and maintenance... I said "Excuse me can I speak to the manager or the owner?" the desk clerk rolled her eyes and said "Oh boy I can see this is going to be a long day!" So I decided to keep my comments to myself. I will never stay here ever again. It felt like a scene out of a horror movie.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank James S
Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

The rooms weren't priced badly. They weren't very clean. They were very small. The bathrooms and floor bothered me the most. Just not very clean. The lighting in the room wasn't very good either. Very dim. The "free breakfast" was nasty. But the pizza place across the street was amazing!

• Stayed: August 2014