See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

I had booked my room for a week and after only one day I had to check out. The rooms are nasty and the staff are even worse. The ladies behind the desk did nothing but gossip about other staff. When complaint went to the manager she just blew it off. WARNING DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL. She's the only manager I'd ever seen to ask for a tip.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank chrismorton53
Reviewed 15 June 2015

This was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. Looking around one can tell that at one time this was a very nice Hotel. However, on entering the clerk just looked at me as if to say "what do you want." He acted irritated that I wanted to rent a room. All the surrounding Hotels were full so I decided to continue the process. I told the clerk I was thinking about renting a room to which he responded "Well are you just going to think about it or rent a room?" I was shocked but needed to sleep so I said that I needed to rent a room. He registered me and gave me a room on the first floor as I asked. When I got to the room it had not been cleaned. So I went back to the front desk and told him. He gave me another room on the third floor. When the elevator doors opened the hallway was 90 degrees and there were bleach stains all over the carpets and the entire place although fancy at one time looked like a disaster. I got to the room and opened the door and the lights would not come on. All of the lights and appliances were unplugged. I plugged them all back in and turned on the air... yea! it worked. the room did not look bad but when my wife turned down the covers she said there were hairs in the bed... ew. In the morning I went down to the breakfast area and it was a joke they had a very large man attending playing music loudly on his phone while he played video games. Bad coffee, stale food products ... we did not eat there. I decided to let them know at the front desk in a very polite manner that the hotel although badly maintained could be a very nice place with some adjustments and maintenance... I said "Excuse me can I speak to the manager or the owner?" the desk clerk rolled her eyes and said "Oh boy I can see this is going to be a long day!" So I decided to keep my comments to myself. I will never stay here ever again. It felt like a scene out of a horror movie.

Room tip: Go to another Hotel
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank James S
Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

The rooms weren't priced badly. They weren't very clean. They were very small. The bathrooms and floor bothered me the most. Just not very clean. The lighting in the room wasn't very good either. Very dim. The "free breakfast" was nasty. But the pizza place across the street was amazing!

Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Every hotel in Charleston was full because of the car show that week, except this one and upon arrival we could clearly see why! No hot water, couldn't use the exercise room, tub was disgusting, bed was broke, and the night manager had the personallity of a wall.

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank SamBarnett123
Reviewed 6 November 2013

checked out within 15 min., big spots of mold on bathroom wall that was soaked, tiles falling off wall leaving void filled with dirt & grime. all furniture appliances out dated, also say they have truck parking,....I had trouble parking my pickup with a trailer

Room tip: Avoid!! go to Microtel
Date of stay: November 2013