“Great quality food, nice atmosphere, excellent service”
Review of The Dish Cafe

The Dish Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Daniels
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Dish Cafe is an eclectic culinary delight bringing unique flavor combinations and fresh ingredients to your table. We're committed to regionally grown fruits and vegetables, grass fed beef, and hormone free pork and poultry. We avoid artificial sweeteners, food dyes and genetically modified ingredients wherever possible. Our concept was created by a group of partners who wanted to offer healthy food choices to a community that's quickly discovering the health benefits of natural and whole ingredients.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The food is very fresh and tasty. From the farm to the table. My server was Jennifer, she was so helpful in explaining dishes, which are homemade.
This is my new favorite place when visiting the Beckley area.

Mrotellini, Owner at The Dish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words an 5 stars!!! You are the reason we do what we do and Jennifer is awesome. See ya soon?

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I have been going here for a couple of years and I can’t speak enough about how good it is. I always get their grilled cheese and tomato soup as well as their macaroni and cheese. But let me tell you everything is good here! They use locally sourced ingredients and it’s always high quality for a very reasonable price. Make sure that you get the younger guy server, he’s been our waiter for the last couple of times and he’s amazing and so friendly!

Mrotellini, Manager at The Dish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to write to such a glowing review. We really appreciate your patronage, we will tell "Austin" about your review as well. See you soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

What a delight to stop at the Dish Café for dinner on our way South to Florida. I'd say the food was a 5 out of a 5. The Shrimp with polenta was outstanding. I'd say next year when we drive South we will stay in Beckly so we can eat here again. Thank you Haley for serving us. This is a casual café with super food!!!!!

Mrotellini, Owner at The Dish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Wow, always so nice to hear from a traveler who is going to make Beckley a regular stop because of our food - it's a great compliment, thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I was one of 10 that enjoyed a late meal on a Saturday night. It was well after the usual meal hour but the staff was attentive, and the food was prepared very well. Their menu makes use of local supplied items when possible and the recipes are tailored to be slightly different from the usual. I tried the grilled cheese and tomato soup, finding the grilled, housemade sourdough bread very good, the three cheeses a very nice touch, and the house recipe tomato soup was a very nice treat. I sampled the avocado brownie, and it had a slight twist of flavor, but very nice. Others enjoyed the Firecracker shrimp and reported them to be quite tasty, and with some fire.

Mrotellini, Owner at The Dish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thanks for calling ahead and coming in to top off a great Saturday night. We really appreciate your kind words and trust that we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The place looks very casual, just like any other regular restaurants but the food is a cut above that type of restaurants. The staff was friendly. The service was slow, although I was warned when I called to reserve that it would be slow because they had a lot of diners including a group of 12 people at the time that we would be there. The crab stuffed mushroom appetizer was excellent and so was the fried pickles. I had the salmon which was perfectly cooked and tasty. My friend had the trout which he liked. Only negative was the sausage and kale soup which my wife said was a bit salty. Overall, a good place for casual dining with friends. It’s between 3 and 4 stars but the food was good enough to pull it up to 4.

Thanks so much for your kind words. Apologies to your party on the slow service, it is not indicative of our daily goals and desired experience. We look forward to seeing you again and striving for that 5 star review. Thank you!