“Great beer and Burrito”

Black Sheep Burrito & Brews @ The Brewery
Ranked #8 of 302 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican, International, Fusion, Brew Pub
Description: Serving one-of-kind fusion Burritos, Tacos, and Tortas with a routing selection of craft beers brewed in-house by Charleston Brewing Co. along with signature Margaritas and MoJitos. Saturday and Sunday Brunch is served from 11am to 3pm along with a limited burrito and taco list to choose from. Normal business hours are Sunday through Thurs 11am to 10pm and Friday & Saturday until Midnight.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

My first visit to Blacksheep. Clean well lighted restaurant in downtown. They have a very nice brewery with a variety of beers. We watched the brewmweister mixing a fresh batch from scratch. He saw us enjoying the process and brought our table some hops to smell. Nice conversation and great touch. I had the Bulgogi Burrito. Spicey with Kimche. Excellent. Thai burrito Korean noodle salad, very good. I strogly suggest you visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This restaurant serves barittos and tacos with a creative combination on fish, beef, pork, duck, etc. They also integrate a brewery with it. My wife and I tried the Tuna, pork, duck, and chicken tacos. The Tuna taco was very good. A crunchy tuna, sweet, savory combination was going on. The pork was good. The duck was over powered by the raspberries. When we came in they were out of the brisket and belly pork. They ran out of it the day before. I would think if certain dishes are that popular then there should be better coordination with having more of what is popular. That was a dissapointment since the tacos made by these two meats looked like a winner. We were not able to try them. They were also out of certain beer selections. Over all this restaurant is definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We spent a date night out at Black Sheep Burrito. We are not from the area, and this restaurant was recommended to us. It was a nice atmosphere - very busy, restaurant/bar vibe. My husband is a beer snob - he said the beer was "good" but not one of the best he's ever had; they were also out of their IPA on a Friday night? We each ordered a 3-taco plate. The variety in the tacos you can order is amazing (e.g. thai peanut taco). The portions are sparse (the tacos are pretty small with not much filling in them at all), but for $12 for a 3-taco plate you get enough food, and a good value. Overall I would go there again. It's not the end-all-be-all that Tripadvisor posts suggest, but it hits the mark for a good, fun, casual, affordable night out.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We stoped here on a trip from South Carolina to Ohio. The server brought our appetizer before the 1 beer we ordered. Then he never came back until our food was ready. Drinks had been empty for 20 minutes.

Servers were standing around by the kitchen waiting for food instead of serving guests.

Food was good though my quesadilla was burnt on one side.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Our family of four stopped here for lunch on our way home from our beach vacation. It was the number two restaurant on Trip Advisor in Charleston, WV so we figured we would try it. Our server came over relatively quickly to take our drink order. Three people ordered water and one person ordered a beer...the water came pretty quickly but the beer took about 5 additional minutes to arrive at the table. We ordered queso and chips at the same time as our drinks and that arrived before the beer did. The queso portion was relatively small and since we had been traveling for over 8 hours by this point we were hungry and finished it quickly. We were going to order another one before our food arrived and tried to get our sever's attention several times, to no avail...drinks were also empty by this point and he never stopped to see if anyone needed a refill. When our food arrived shortly after, I ordered another beer...which again took a ridiculous amount of time to show up. I was almost done with my food by the time it came. We ordered another queso and chips and that arrived before my beer did, again! We all ordered quesadillas. My husband's was burned on the bottom but he just peeled it off and ate what he could, since we figured it would take forever to get another one. The rest of us enjoyed our meals.

Based on some other reviews we read as well as what we observed ourselves, service seems to be an issue here. In the time we were there we repeatedly observed 3-4 servers just standing around the kitchen waiting for food or standing in groups just talking to one another. At one point while we were trying to get our server's attention he was standing at an empty table seemingly counting his tips.

Had the server been more attentive, my rating would be higher, as the food and beer were both pretty good!

We have stopped in Charleston several times to and from our vacations. We usually go to Pies and Pints...guess we'll be going back there next time!