“Stuffed!!!”

Add it.
The Pita Pit
Ranked #158 of 290 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered a gyro and sat down. 1st trip here so I didn't know that I needed to tell them what I wanted. Just like ordering at Subway. By the time I got done, 2 people could have eaten on it. Very good.
Staff was friendly and efficient.

2  Thank l0ving2travel

Reviewed 12 April 2017

My husband and I went to the Pita Pit for lunch today. We are vegetarians and always mention that when we order. We ordered a black bean patty. On other visits, the cook has always cleaned the grill or put the patty to one side. Today, the cook moved some half-cooked chicken forward and put the patty in its place. When we mentioned (again) that we are vegetarians and want the patty cooked away from the meat, she told me that the other side of the grill wasn't hot, that she "would figure it out" and continued cooking it in the same spot. The cashier and other employees didn't seem to understand at all why we had a problem with the way the patty was being cooked. Needless to say, we left without eating. I'm very disappointed because I like Pita Pit's vegetarian selections. But a vegetarian selection is only good if the method of cooking it also is vegetarian.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

The food here isn't bad. The problem is the delivery service, which means you may or may not get the food in the first place. The following is the last straw of a string of bad experiences.

At 11:30, I called in an order for delivery. An hour and a half later (1:00) the delivery still had not come. I called Pita Pit and asked whether my food was still coming. They informed me they never started on my food. Thanks for waiting an hour and a half to tell me, Pita Pit!

The root of the problem was a $10 minimum delivery charge. I was aware of the minimum delivery charge before I placed my order. However, the person taking the order incorrectly told me I could add tip to meet the minimum delivery charge. Wrong. Relying on his advice, I added tip. The person taking my order told me everything was good, that I met the minimum delivery charge, and that my food should be arriving "shortly."

Unfortunately, my food did not arrive "shortly," or at all. When I called back at 1:00, an employee told me my order was a full 70 cents short of the minimum delivery order. He also told me the employee who took my order was wrong about adding tip to meet the minimum delivery order. What a relief! I may have been starving the past hour and a half, but at least you told me it wasn't my fault. Thanks again, Pita Pit!

Also, thanks for not providing me any notification for your decision not to make my food after you told me you would - which is strange because the guy taking my order told me he had a good call-back number for me.

Competent employees could have made such a difference. A competent employee would have provided accurate information regarding adding tips to meet a minimum delivery charge, would not have falsely told me my food would be here "shortly," would have ensured they had an accurate call-back number, and/or probably would have went ahead and delivered my food anyway (for God's sake, my bill was less than a dollar under the minimum delivery charge).

However, this is what I've come to expect from this location. Lesson learned. I won't be soliciting your services anymore, Pita Pit. Thanks for the lesson.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

LOVE pita and this is like the subway of pita, only better...had the gyro, you can choose your toppings...fresh and delish, good service, clean...why not?...

5  Thank mjpk25
Reviewed 22 April 2015

One of my students in the training class was handling the lunch catering for our group. She knew Todd the owner of The Pita Pit just a few doors down from the office. The first day, Todd (the owner) delivered sandwiches and cookies to the office. The next day we ordered salad and fruit. Even though they don't serve fruit, Todd went to Kroger and bought fresh fruit and prepared it for us. That's service! He threw in the smile for free!! Great work ethic. Awesome!!!

4  Thank warrenbeth4