“I will go here again!”

Harding's Family Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 293 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stayed at the great Sleep Inn next door and was hungry. Did not want to drive anywhere. The place was busy but has lots of seating. Meal was pretty good. Seems to be a lot of locals dine here, Daily specials. Wait staff was good and prompt. Did not like the table placement as felt folks on both side were too close and could hear everyone's conversations. Give it a try. Very reasonable and something for everyone on the menu.

1  Thank Cindy Jo M

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I love a family restaurant where you can find honest food that does not come from a frozen state and dropped into a fryer. I should have taken a hint from a bug zapper mounted on the inside wall of the entry! My open face turkey sandwich was beyond dry. Scoop of mashed potatoes was cold. Not a hint of flavor in the gravy. The sauce on my husband's spaghetti was straight from a can. The server we had was friendly, even commenting that she brought utensils "in case the kitchen actually put out the order!"
Sad that this restaurant was not what it could be.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This is a quaint family restaurant that had an extensive menu and offered breakfast all day. Food very tasty and provided generous portions.

1  Thank sgV4245DW
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We enjoyed our first meals at Harding's. The food was homemade and the staff was very friendly. The portions were large and the prices were just right. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank gtsr289
Reviewed 27 August 2017

after driving all day. HOWEVER, it was well beyond the worth the 200' FT walk! When you enter the front door (@ 4PM on a SAT) you see that almost all the booths and tables in the main room were filled(with an over flow room available). It's apparently a local's choice because I saw a Little League team spread among several tables apparently NOT knowing the other groups had chosen the same place to eat post game. This place has 2 dining rooms and a dining counter. Expect a 60's diner decor w/ a gift shop.
This day's special was a 4 PC fried chicken dinner w/ 2 sides and a choice of bread for $13. They'll tell you if you order the special, it wiil take 25 min because they DON'T cook it until you ORDER it. Since the special looked bigger than the mini-fridge in my room I ordered the ground steak for $8. I was floored when the server asked me How I wanted it cooked. ( REALLY I get a choice?). I chose medium rare and GOT it. I decined the bread due to too much food and still had to take a box back to the room . Yeah the sides were from a can but who HAS time to make applesause from scrach?

2  Thank xtc663