“Good food family dinning atmosphere”

Harding's Family Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The food was very good, reasonably priced , Above average portion size, everything was served hot and was excellent, good location for us right next to the hotel we were staying at.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a good home style meal and you are heading north on I-79 make sure you stop at Hardings. When I fly home to WV from FL I usually am ready to eat when I get my bags and hit the road. Hardings is a convenient place to stop and it's a place I can count on getting a home cooked meal. The service is welcoming and warm and it just feels homey. Their hot roast beef can always be counted on to warm your tummy.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I recently moved to West Virginia and wanted to try some of the State's special dishes. My daughter-in-law, who is a native West Virginian, recommended Harding's Family Restaurant. I took her advice and I'm so glad I did. You can't go wrong with Harding's fork-tender, gravy-covered, baked steak, a West Virginia favorite. The only possible negative on this dish is that it is available only once each week as their Sunday special. It is well worth waiting a week for, however. Mashed potatoes and gravy or macaroni and cheese go nicely with this dish and both are delicious. To round out the meal, I suggest two other West Virginia favorites: brown beans and cornbread. West Virginians love THEIR brown beans (pintos) and Harding's beans served with their buttery cornbread are a meal unto themselves. Oh, and make sure you order the sweet tea, you'll be glad you did! (I feel I should explain why I rated this meal a 4 instead of 5. Shortly after our visit to Harding's we were invited to my daughter-in-laws parent's house for dinner and you guessed it, homemade baked steak was being served. The homemade takes the "5" but Harding's is a strong "4" in case you aren't able to get the homemade invite.

2  Thank ebsimpsoniii
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Great country food if you are a home sick Hillbilly or a New Yorker for that matter.....lots of parking and a great gift shop a little touch of Almost Heaven in the hills of West Virginia...

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We checked into the Sleep Inn and this restaurant is right next door. the parking lot was 3/4 full and we were seated in just a few minutes. My wife choose the country fried steak and I decided on the turkey. Both were prepared to perfection. She received country fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans, I got the turkey, dressing, green beans, and corn. We both decided on peach pie to go, it also was very good and homemade. There are a lot of locals that eat there and I know why the food is excellent.