“Good food family dinning atmosphere”

Harding's Family Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 288 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The food was very good, reasonably priced , Above average portion size, everything was served hot and was excellent, good location for us right next to the hotel we were staying at.

1  Thank sivadg

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a good home style meal and you are heading north on I-79 make sure you stop at Hardings. When I fly home to WV from FL I usually am ready to eat when I get my bags and hit the road. Hardings is a convenient place to stop and it's a place I can count on getting a home cooked meal. The service is welcoming and warm and it just feels homey. Their hot roast beef can always be counted on to warm your tummy.

1  Thank Flknitchik
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I recently moved to West Virginia and wanted to try some of the State's special dishes. My daughter-in-law, who is a native West Virginian, recommended Harding's Family Restaurant. I took her advice and I'm so glad I did. You can't go wrong with Harding's fork-tender, gravy-covered, baked steak, a West Virginia favorite. The only possible negative on this dish is that it is available only once each week as their Sunday special. It is well worth waiting a week for, however. Mashed potatoes and gravy or macaroni and cheese go nicely with this dish and both are delicious. To round out the meal, I suggest two other West Virginia favorites: brown beans and cornbread. West Virginians love THEIR brown beans (pintos) and Harding's beans served with their buttery cornbread are a meal unto themselves. Oh, and make sure you order the sweet tea, you'll be glad you did! (I feel I should explain why I rated this meal a 4 instead of 5. Shortly after our visit to Harding's we were invited to my daughter-in-laws parent's house for dinner and you guessed it, homemade baked steak was being served. The homemade takes the "5" but Harding's is a strong "4" in case you aren't able to get the homemade invite.

4  Thank ebsimpsoniii
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Great country food if you are a home sick Hillbilly or a New Yorker for that matter.....lots of parking and a great gift shop a little touch of Almost Heaven in the hills of West Virginia...

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We checked into the Sleep Inn and this restaurant is right next door. the parking lot was 3/4 full and we were seated in just a few minutes. My wife choose the country fried steak and I decided on the turkey. Both were prepared to perfection. She received country fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans, I got the turkey, dressing, green beans, and corn. We both decided on peach pie to go, it also was very good and homemade. There are a lot of locals that eat there and I know why the food is excellent.