“Great Food at a good price”

Harding's Family Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 281 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We checked into the Sleep Inn and this restaurant is right next door. the parking lot was 3/4 full and we were seated in just a few minutes. My wife choose the country fried steak and I decided on the turkey. Both were prepared to perfection. She received country fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans, I got the turkey, dressing, green beans, and corn. We both decided on peach pie to go, it also was very good and homemade. There are a lot of locals that eat there and I know why the food is excellent.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We were travelling through WV and found this restaurant from the road signs along the highway. Glad we stopped! The menu was comfort food heaven. We ordered the Chicken and dumplings, and Spaghetti with meat sauce. And the famous wilted lettuce salad. It was a satisfying experience. If you leave the table hungry, you didn't finish your meal. Very generous portions.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We saw that this restaurant was associated with our hotel, and offered free room service. Fantastic! The menu sounded great, so we put in our orders.

What arrived was edible, but sad. I ordered a hot beef sandwich -- served with mashed potatoes and gravy. The beef was chewy, overcooked, and dry. The bread was basically Wonder bread. The mashed potatoes were clearly not home made. The gravy tasted terrible. It was probably the worst such sandwich I'd ever had. I got a slice of apple pie with it -- it was very ordinary, but tasted okay. It wasn't even heated.

A restaurant that can't even make their own mashed potatoes, and simply serves up previously frozen and packaged foods, is DOING IT WRONG.

We gave up leftover Chinese from our previous meal for this. I wish I'd just re-heated the leftovers.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

This is a long time eating spot in Charleston. The food is good and the service in generally friendly and helpful. Breakfast omlets and their Rubin sandwich are my favorites.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Back in the day, this place was a wonderful place to eat! Lots to choose from on the menu, service the last couple times have not been very good, wait staff is very friendly BUT takes forever to get food & once you get it the quality nor the quantity is not what it used to be.