“Anniversary Dinner for 2”

The Chop House - Charleston
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House - Charleston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 302 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Lovers of life's finer pleasures make The Chop House in Charleston Town Center a frequent destination. It is a dining experience of exceptional refinement & refreshment. Offering the stars of the American chop house tradition, USDA Prime Beef, classic Veal Chop, Roasted Rack of Venison, luscious Colorado Rib Lamb Chop, , Fresh Lobster, Ports, Cognac, Single Malt Scotch, Fine Hand Rolled Cigars & more, all served with distinctive style in a strong, luxurious setting of comfortable leather & beautiful wood.
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

From the time we made our reservations through dessert. It was perfect. Great atmosphere,awesome wine selection.
My porterhouse steak was cooked perfectly and my wife's filet also was awesome.
The management and wait staff our second to none.
Thanks again for a great dinner.

2  Thank jriffe1017

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

The food was actually pretty good. The calamari was great, and my steak was cooked perfectly. I will say that the pricing is much higher than even some of the finest steakhouses. An 8oz filet was around $45 and still alacarte. So, it was substantially more expensive than most very nice restaurants but the food wasn't substantially better.

1  Thank 781joelp
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I was in Charleston, WV for a meeting and had dinner at The Chop House restaurant. Located in a very large shopping center across the street from the Marriott hotel, The Chop House looks like other fine steak houses and the dinner lived up to its fine reputation. My friend and I shared a rare seared Tuna for an appetizer which was well prepared, rare and delicious. My dinner of a small (8 oz) Filet Mignon was perfectly cooked and plenty! I asked for Bernaise sauce on the side, which was wonderful. My friend has the salmon and she was very disappointed. The wine menu by the glass by limited.. So, if you stick to a meat dish, since this is a steak house, you will be fine. Dinner is expensive.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I've always wanted to try beef wellington and my friend discovered that The Chop House in Charleston was the closest restaurant to Parkersburg that had it on the menu, so we decided to get dressed up, head down and check it out. We made reservations at 6:30 on a Thursday and were seated promptly. What struck me immediately was the attention to detail. When we were seated, the host presented our menus in a very professional way, the young lady that poured our water used a cloth to shield as to ensure that none splashed on us, and we were greeted promptly by our waiter, Dave. It's the little things like this that set a good restaurant apart from a great restaurant.

Dave introduced himself and was very friendly. He knew the menu well and gave us several options on how to proceed. He essentially let us be in charge. It was very nice. After our drink order was taken, we ordered our food. I decided on the beef wellington and my date chose the Berskshire pork chops.

While we waited, Dave was very attentive, keeping us apprised of our meal status and ensuring we were well taken care of with drinks and bread. He checked on us several times despite a busy restaurant. I overheard some of his other interactions and he was just as friendly and accommodating to other patrons.

Our food was absolutely terrific. My wellington was cooked very well and had a wonderful flavor. The mashed potatoes and asparagus I ordered were spot on as well. However, the star of our meal was my date's Berkshire pork. It was absolutely delicious and by far the best pork chop I've ever tasted. They apparently use a rosemary brine that they marinate the pork in overnight. The flavor was absolutely beautiful. The creme brule dessert was very tasty as well.

Overall, this was a wonderful dining experience. A very clean restaurant with attention to detail being the focus. Our waiter was excellent and the food superb. I would not hesitate dining at The Chop House again. It was well worth the drive and the price.

Reviewed 25 December 2015

Overall the Chop House has an expensive menu inline with the quality meals they prepare. But sometimes too expensive for a non-celebratory occasion. But wait, the bar has fantastic Happy Hour food entrees at very reasonable prices. We got a salad with chicken or salmon for $12.00-$15.00 that very, very good. Also appetizers like the calamari, lobster bites, and shrimp cocktail were also specially priced. A really nice way to visit a top rated eatery at a more reasonable price.