Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown
Parsley Motor Inn(Charleston)
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Motel(Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewsshuttle servicefree shuttlecivic centercharleston downtownroom was cleanwithin walking distanceoff the highwayconvenient locationcookiesbreakfast barwafflesgreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastwould definitely stay here againbusiness tripeasy accessstaff was friendly
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I travel to Charleston several times a year and always stay here if I can get in! From the front desk clerks to the gentleman who drives the van (ROY!!), everyone is so friendly and helpful. The beds are rooms are clean/comfortable. The only down side is a few of the rooms at the front corner are right off the I-64 ramp, so there is some road noise. I just keep the AC fan on if I get one. Also, they have a courtesy van that will take you to restaurants/mall downtown. You will not go wrong if you stay here.. they treat ya like family.

Room Tip: Don't get room on Right front corner of building close to I-64 off ramp... noisey
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Walkable, charming area of town even though it's right off the highway. Recently renovated, eco-conscious, great beds, nice rooms for getting work done or having fun with the family. Hot and cold breakfast where you can make your own waffles. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I was greeted by name as soon as I reached the desk to check in! We were given a room on the 5th floor--clean, quiet and quite comfortable. This Hampton Inn is a good place to stay while in Charleston--not far from the interstate with easy off and easy on, too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Me and my wife was in town for a concert and chose this hotel because it was within walking distance. We have no complaints but the rooms are a bit costly.

Room Tip: If your in town for a concert, You can park in the hotel parking lot and walk to the venue.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed here before flying out on a business trip. The room was clean and we had no problems. Were a bit concerned about highway noise from trucks, but it didn't keep us awake. The streets in the area are a bit tricky to navigate, lots of one ways and such, but it was fine for my purpose. Arrived after and left outside of business hours so there was not much traffic. There didn't seem to be any restaurants nearby, other than Wendy's, so expect to have to find something else.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway might have less noticeable road noise, but it didn't keep us awake and the road kind of arcs around the building anyway so it might not matter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business