“Lovely Stay!”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We came into Charleston to visit a friend and arrived sooner than expected, but were allowed to check in, anyway. The receptionist was very mannerly. She let us know which rooms were newly renovated, and kindly put us in a room away from the highway. She even complimented my hair! Our room was very clean. We forgot our toothpaste, and were given some for free, compliments of the hotel. The hotel is very close to the mall and several restaurants. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I travel to Charleston several times a year and always stay here if I can get in! From the front desk clerks to the gentleman who drives the van (ROY!!), everyone is so friendly and helpful. The beds are rooms are clean/comfortable. The only down side is a few of the rooms at the front corner are right off the I-64 ramp, so there is some road noise. I just keep the AC fan on if I get one. Also, they have a courtesy van that will take you to restaurants/mall downtown. You will not go wrong if you stay here.. they treat ya like family.

Room Tip: Don't get room on Right front corner of building close to I-64 off ramp... noisey
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Walkable, charming area of town even though it's right off the highway. Recently renovated, eco-conscious, great beds, nice rooms for getting work done or having fun with the family. Hot and cold breakfast where you can make your own waffles. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I was greeted by name as soon as I reached the desk to check in! We were given a room on the 5th floor--clean, quiet and quite comfortable. This Hampton Inn is a good place to stay while in Charleston--not far from the interstate with easy off and easy on, too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Me and my wife was in town for a concert and chose this hotel because it was within walking distance. We have no complaints but the rooms are a bit costly.

Room Tip: If your in town for a concert, You can park in the hotel parking lot and walk to the venue.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple