“Order the hush puppies!”
Review of Tricky Fish

Tricky Fish
Ranked #32 of 302 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: An Urban Beach Bar & Grill serving house-prepared beach food, cold beer, and cocktails. Come join us on the deck! We also feature TapTV trivia and sports on the tele!
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The food at Tricky Fish is always good. It’s a hole in the wall place that you may not expect to serve good food but you will be pleasantly surprised. Their hush puppies are to die for so definitely try those when you visit!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

What a fun place to have lunch! We sat outside and enjoyed a draft beer with our meal. The grilled shrimp tacos were delicious if messy. My husband and I would definitely go back if we're in Charleston again.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Second time eating here. Quick stop just off the highway near the capitol building. Good music, relaxed atmosphere, quick service and great fish tacos.

1  Thank Marc R
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Thanks to the reviews here, we checked out Tricky Fish, just off the interstate in Charleston, near the beautiful gold dome.
It was a cold and drizzly day, so we parked out back and ate inside. The young dude at the counter was very helpful answering all our questions. I got the pulled pork sandwich, and he assured me it would not be drowning in sauce, which I do not like. He was right, there was just the right amount of sauce, and it was delicious...not too smoky and a little sweet. The meat was tender and plentiful, and on a nice soft bun. The homemade chips are excellent - a perfect thickness and crunchy, not greasy or too salty. The cole slaw was creamy and very good.
My husband got a shrimp taco and enjoyed it. He asked for light seasoning, and that's what he got. Unfortunately, the beans and rice that came with it was a bit more seasoned than he liked, but he ate most of it and said it got better the more he ate it!
We had to keep moving, so could not stay and enjoy any craft beers, but I can see why locals like this place. As most have said, the ambiance isn't fancy, but it is good food at reasonable prices. There's a patio out front and a small bar with TVs inside towards the back of the building. The back entrance wasn't very clean, but I guess there was a beer crawl the previous evening.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Offering indoor and outdoor seating, Tricky Fish offers a great variety of food. The grilled shrimp taco is my favorite, prepared to your specifications. A variety of drinks and beers are available.

1  Thank fpalmer321