“Amazing Meal and Service”
Review of Laury's Restaurant

Laury's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$19 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since 1979, Laury's Restaurant has been the premier fine dining establishment in Charleston WV. We invite you to join us for a memorable dining experience in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere located in the old C&O Railroad Depot, a National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Although we live in Charleston, WV, my wife and I hadn't been to Laury's in some time, but we recently visited to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary, and we are certainly glad we did!

After scanning a menu that offered a variety of appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts, we started out with the Caesar Salad, which is prepared table side. The salad is large enough to split, was expertly prepared by our server Kimberly, and tasted delicious.

For our entrees, I had the Steak Diane, while my wife opted for the Petite Filet. Our steaks were both cooked perfectly, and the restaurant had no issue with my wife's request to substitute creamed spinach in place of the mashed potatoes. Although spinach is not normally my go to accompaniment, I have to admit that the creamed spinach on this occasion was really, really good. We also enjoyed a nice bottle of California Cabernet with our steaks selected from Laury's fairly extensive wine list.

For dessert, I just could not pass up the Bananas Foster, which like the Caesar Salad, was prepared table side by our server, and it certainly did not disappoint. For those visiting this restaurant and still have room for something sweet and delicious after dinner, I would highly recommend the Bananas Foster.

In addition to the great food, our server Kimberly was excellent. She was attentive, friendly, and courteous throughout the evening, and as I mentioned above, she did a great job preparing the Caesar Salad and Bananas Foster table side.

All and all, the evening was a resounding success, and my wife and I both left wondering why we hadn't visited this fantastic restaurant sooner. Believe me, we won't make that mistake again. We will definitely be back again in the very near future. So whether you are a local or a visitor, if you are looking for an enjoyable, fine dining experience, please check out Laury's. You'll be glad you did!

2  Thank Tabasco62

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We called ahead of time & advised we were from out of state and didn't have appropriate attire but would love to try their fabulous menu choices we saw online. Without hesitation, the gentleman took our reservations for the earliest spot and am thankful because it was an intimate setting with less crowd. The server was very polite, attentive, and smiling from ear to ear. Everything we had from the appetizers to the main course was delicious; a party of five. Sad we didn't get to order dessert because we were pressed for time to explore before leaving West Virginia.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

My husband and I dine at Laury's at least once a month. That is our special treat in retirement. And we love to take any visiting family and friends there to let them know Charleston can compete with the best in the country. John, the Maitre D', is always most accommodating. And we can not say enough about our server Bruce. John knows without us asking that Bruce is our server of choice. Since the reopening in June 2016 Bruce has attended to our every need and has come to know us very well. If you want the ultimate fine dining experience in Charleston, the Laury's is the place to go. And the food. Oh my gosh, after you get past John and Bruce open the menu to a world of temptation. From the appetizers to the desserts you are in for a world class treat. We are trying to work our way through the menu. Make your reservation today!

2  Thank 082mercer
Reviewed 19 July 2017

we have eaten there several times great and extensive wine list great service and great food and the ambiance is wonderful

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Thanks to trip advisor, we found this gem and could not have been more pleased. Outstanding food and service. Arrived in Charleston on a Friday late afternoon and Laury's accommodated our reservation request. We plan to travel through Charleston next spring and will make this a must do.

1  Thank Stuart V