“Enjoyed!”

Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Charleston's authentic farm-to-table made-from-scratch modern comfort food restaurant. With a legion of chefs who caringly practice the art of food, BgK offers delicious brunch, dinner, and desserts for hungry vegetarians, meat connoisseurs, and everyone in-between. In the circa 1920 building with pressed tin ceilings and exposed architecture, Bluegrass also serves as a gallery for local artists. In the Tap room there's live original acoustic music most nights, with finely crafted cocktails, a curated wine list & a bounty of beers. Close to West Virginia's beautiful capitol grounds the family-owned and operated Bluegrass Kitchen has been featured in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal as well as Bon Appetit, Garden & Gun, Taste of the South magazines and many more.
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This place had a good energy, good vibe. Something about it... Just seemed "right."

Although I only had fish & chips (and beer), I was mighty happy.

One of those spots, can't put my finger on it... Just good.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

All I can say is WOW! This is a great restaurant and bar with a tremendous feel and exceptional food and service. I had the Meatloaf and was served by Lauren the bartender that made me feel right at home. I listened to a wonderful band and it was one of the best evenings I can remember. If you want to feel WOW then look no further!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely little hipster restaurant within walking distance of the capital building. Nice menu with local ingredients. Opens at 3 on weekdays.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

There was a large group of us (12 people) who were in from out of town and went here for dinner. Our table was ready when we arrived. Our drink and appetizer order was taken right away and then as soon as they arrived our dinner order was taken. The timing and flow was good. I had the Rueben and my husband ordered the cod and chips. Both meals were good. The cod dinner said it came with cucumber salad but it really was several pickles in a vinegary liquid. We were too full to have any dessert. The atmosphere was great and there was live music in the bar. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I always eat at the Bluegrass when in Charleston, great food and a meatloaf dish to die for....great parking and a great location on the East End, love taking friends there and showing them what southern hospitality and southern cooking is all about while listening to live music. All travelers should do the Bluegrass Kitchen at least once in their lives...